Weapons used to kill Bin-Laden?? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Weapons used to kill Bin-Laden??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 06:42 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Indeed.
I apologize for going off-topic here, but is that a picture of a high end GI Joe set?

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 07-20-2011, 07:34 AM   #22

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Looks like that to me. The arms just dont look real. But then again those guys dont exhist......creepy.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #23

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
I apologize for going off-topic here, but is that a picture of a high end GI Joe set?
Is it?

I guess we will never really know, will we?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #24

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN

Is it?

I guess we will never really know, will we?
Don't be humble....

Sent from my HTC using FirearmsTalk

Old 07-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #25

OK... the guy on the far left. Is that an M60E3 or SAW??? The plastic ammo box looks SAW, but the weapon looks more M60 to me. How 'bout a little help from you weapon guys.

We didn't have SAWs when I was in the Army.
When you shoot the M60 from the prone possition... you can't see the target after you pull the trigger. It is a bad idea to break your cheek weld and lift your face slightly when you fire in an attempt to see your target getting hit!! That SOB busted me in the cheekbone and all I saw was stars!! I had a black eye for a week! The embarrasement of being used as a teaching tool in front of your basic training class hurts worse. In my defense, I ended up being one of 5 out of 33 to get a 30 out of 30 on the end-of-cycle test.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5736 Times on 3361 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Whatever they used wasn't nearly as good of a choice as the old standard Triton 4 nuke, IMO.

*Not to say i consider an animal such as the one depicted in the referenced movie to be anywhere near as slimey or scummy as Osalami Bin Laden.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan43935 View Post
OK... the guy on the far left. Is that an M60E3 or SAW??? The plastic ammo box looks SAW, but the weapon looks more M60 to me. How 'bout a little help from you weapon guys.

When you shoot the M60 from the prone possition... you can't see the target after you pull the trigger. It is a bad idea to break your cheek weld and lift your face slightly when you fire in an attempt to see your target getting hit!! That SOB busted me in the cheekbone and all I saw was stars!! I had a black eye for a week! The embarrasement of being used as a teaching tool in front of your basic training class hurts worse. In my defense, I ended up being one of 5 out of 33 to get a 30 out of 30 on the end-of-cycle test.
Looks more like a 60. I know it's def not a saw. The 240 is where it's at though.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:06 PM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6195 Times on 3262 Posts
Likes Given: 448

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan43935 View Post

i always put down a dew rag under the muzzle weighed down by a couple of rocks for my issue m60. worked like a charm. no issues with dust flaring up. also hid the 60 from observation. hard to spot with no giant dirt cloud giving your position away.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent