UPS guy made my day
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > UPS guy made my day

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fireguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 39
Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts

Default UPS guy made my day

I rushed home today to make sure that I was there to physically sign for a bulk order of ammo, only to find a notice on my door saying that I had missed UPS.. Knowing that I would not be around tomorrow to sign for the second attempt, I called UPS and made arrangements to pick up my package. It just kinda sucked that I was going to have to drive a half hour to pick up a box that was at my house an hour before.. But it just so happened that 20 minutes after making other arrangements there was a knock at my door. The same driver came back around to my place at the end of his route and noticed a truck in the driveway so he stopped and dropped it off. I didn't even know the guy. Prolly not a big deal to ya'll, but its little stuff like that that makes me happy. Not to mention the 330 rounds of hard to come by .223 rounds..

__________________
Fireguy4 is offline  
5
People Like This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jjfuller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place between here and there.
Posts: 4,440
Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Default

That's is really cool. Just remember to pay it forward

__________________
I have been a silent witness
to all of America's finest hours.
But my finest hour comes
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
jjfuller1 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fireguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 39
Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts

Default

^^^ absolutely

__________________
Fireguy4 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mid-Atlantic NC
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Default

I think it's great the driver came back for a second try...Ya don't see that everyday...

__________________
Member NRA, GOA, GRNC, SAF, NAGR

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
vincent is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jjfuller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place between here and there.
Posts: 4,440
Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Default

maybe he is also a shooter and knew what the ORM tag on the box meant. hehe

__________________
I have been a silent witness
to all of America's finest hours.
But my finest hour comes
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
jjfuller1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mid-Atlantic NC
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
maybe he is also a shooter and knew what the ORM tag on the box meant. hehe
I thought the same thing...
__________________
Member NRA, GOA, GRNC, SAF, NAGR

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
vincent is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #7
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 16,673
Liked 8835 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Default

OK, you slug- now send a Thank You email to UPS, with your tracking number.

Get the driver an attaboy to help counter the complaint a customer will make about things the driver really has no control over.

Do what you can to encourage folks that go beyond. Best way to have that stuff keep happening.

__________________

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

c3shooter is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireguy4 View Post
I rushed home today to make sure that I was there to physically sign for a bulk order of ammo, only to find a notice on my door saying that I had missed UPS.. Knowing that I would not be around tomorrow to sign for the second attempt, I called UPS and made arrangements to pick up my package. It just kinda sucked that I was going to have to drive a half hour to pick up a box that was at my house an hour before.. But it just so happened that 20 minutes after making other arrangements there was a knock at my door. The same driver came back around to my place at the end of his route and noticed a truck in the driveway so he stopped and dropped it off. I didn't even know the guy. Prolly not a big deal to ya'll, but its little stuff like that that makes me happy. Not to mention the 330 rounds of hard to come by .223 rounds..
So do I!

__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fireguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 39
Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
OK, you slug- now send a Thank You email to UPS, with your tracking number.

Get the driver an attaboy to help counter the complaint a customer will make about things the driver really has no control over.

Do what you can to encourage folks that go beyond. Best way to have that stuff keep happening.
Sounds like a good idea to me
__________________
Fireguy4 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:52 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiseman3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fresno,California
Posts: 1,206
Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

For some reason UPS guys always seem to be much better than the rest of the delivery drivers.

__________________

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Wiseman3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Has anyone made their own bow? Scratchammo Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 31 06-24-2012 02:08 AM
gsg .22 ak made by ati mymaro .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 1 02-13-2012 09:13 PM
American Made 9x19mm Ammo Different From Foreign Made? Trez Ammunition & Reloading 0 11-07-2011 04:28 PM
Is there any difference between the Italian made Beretta 92FS Inox and the USA Made 1 CAMCHAMPION1988 Semi-Auto Handguns 4 10-21-2011 09:27 PM
U.S. made 55 - gr. FMJ .223 Ammo (made by a Department of Defense contractor) ARnoob Ammunition & Reloading 3 07-02-2009 09:22 PM