trouble with quad rail install - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > trouble with quad rail install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 03:36 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5624 Times on 2940 Posts
Likes Given: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
It had nothing to do w/ any of that. It was a fun little joke dealing w/ the names RRA chooses. If you can't have fun w/ naming a commercial AR Operator or something similar it makes the name kinda ridiculous.

It's funny how people assume I'm a mean guy considering I'm the type to pull over and help an old lady mow her lawn regardless of my schedule.

I just don't beat around the bush when answering a question. It's a waste of time
it came across that way thats why it went poof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyd78 View Post
What I try to do when I post is to be clear what I'm trying to say not name drop a brand because I think it's the greatest. It's my first Ar 15and bought it cause I thought it was a good deal, it could have been another maker. I wasn't sure if it would fit on all ARs or just some makes ,someone may ask who makes it so it's in my post.
be sure your putting it on the right way it wont go on backwards. pretty good idea if you need rails your not putting optics on.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-10-2012, 04:39 AM   #12

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

That seems to be the case anymore. What happened to those rough men ready to do rough things? I'm not the only one on this forum am I?

To the OP: Congrats on your new AR. You'll learn that there are no dumb queations. Please don't be afraid to ask. We are here to help and in fact enjoy doing so. However don't fall into that "it's my first AR" cycle of excuses. W/ the availability of quality parts and those willing to guide you there's no reason to gamble w/ your money. $50 is a big deal. Well it is to me anyway. It could have been spent better.

We all have to start somewhere but use the resources available, like this site, to maximize your own research. We are excited to have a new brother in ARms.

Take care and welcome.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:38 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
install video.........http://combatoptical.com/catalog/AR15-M4-6.5-INCH--QUAD-PICATINNY-DUO-RAIL-STYLE-RIFLE-HAND-GUARD--681.html

Maybe you need more "ummph" pulling the delta ring down to allow clearance to get the other half in properly.
Yes, Thats the Leapers OEM Quad Rail. Sold by many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyd78 View Post
Thanks John it could be Car 54 is right I'm not pulling down hard enough on the delta ring gotta leave it alone for a while. Thanks Fixer should maybe I will send back.
If you can't get that lip over and into the delta ring, you need to get another rail. Also remember its a rifle, not a piece of Crystal...give it a hard slap.

There is nothing wrong with the $50 set for now, but after a few months you may want to upgrade.

Look into getting a MI, YHM or used KAC quad rail in the future. You can pick up these on AR15.com for under $150 shipped. Many times under $95. If looking to drop some big $$, look to DD, GG&G, KAC, LaRue or higher end YHM. Troy Industries makes a good set too.

Good luck.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:42 AM   #14

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixer

Yes, Thats the Leapers OEM Quad Rail. Sold by many.

If you can't get that lip over and into the delta ring, you need to get another rail. Also remember its a rifle, not a piece of Crystal...give it a hard slap.

There is nothing wrong with the $50 set for now, but after a few months you may want to upgrade.

Look into getting a MI, YHM or used KAC quad rail in the future. You can pick up these on AR15.com for under $150 shipped. Many times under $95. If looking to drop some big $$, look to DD, GG&G, KAC, LaRue or higher end YHM. Troy Industries makes a good set too.

Good luck.
Ya, its hard to be gentle with the delta rings

I put a Midwest Industries quad rail on mine, i had mine installed in less than 10 minites "without using the tool" the MI is a damn good quad rail for the money

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 05-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #15

Mike if I knew a 100 dollar rail would have fit on here I would have got it yeah I was looking to save a buck but it looked so easy in the video. It is on but the top part is not in the ring the right way wacking it with a mallet hasn't helped I'm kind of beating this thing up now don't know if getting another from them but I sure won't buy another from them it's like the gas tube is in the way. If I get a longer allen screws for the bottom it will stay on there. Lesson learned what fits on one may not fit on another.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:35 AM   #16

Most manufacturers are better about QC.

Can you take pictures of where it's hitting and not seating properly? I'm wondering if you can shave a little off the rail so it'll fit. Does it say to install one piece before the other? The Magpul MOE is a pain in the butt if you don't install it in the correct order.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #17

Default quad rail

I got it finally. Some times I make things harder than they are.It sat right at the top of guard, was able to get allen screws in and then finally gave it a couple more wacks with the mallet on bottom and it went in properly, now I'm happy, the end thank you all.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #18

Glad to hear it worked out for you.