Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   trouble with quad rail install (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/trouble-quad-rail-install-64163/)

tommyd78 05-09-2012 11:51 PM

trouble with quad rail install

I bought a 2 piece 6.5 inch quad rail from Combat Optical for 49.00 and it came with a delta wrench. There is a guy on you tube who slapped his right on, not me. The bottom half was no problem but the top half I cant get on right. The gun is a Rock River operator Lar15. I really don't want to take the gun apart to make it fit so I was thinking it would be okay to grind the lip down (that seems to be the hangup) flush with the delta ring. It should stay secure from the top of rifle and the 4 allen screws attached. The other thing would be to send back. Does anyone have similar problems installing or a suggestion? Thanks very much.

JonM 05-10-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommyd78 (Post 795475)
I bought a 2 piece 6.5 inch quad rail from Combat Optical for 49.00 and it came with a delta wrench. There is a guy on you tube who slapped his right on, not me. The bottom half was no problem but the top half I cant get on right. The gun is a Rock River operator Lar15. I really don't want to take the gun apart to make it fit so I was thinking it would be okay to grind the lip down (that seems to be the hangup) flush with the delta ring. It should stay secure from the top of rifle and the 4 allen screws attached. The other thing would be to send back. Does anyone have similar problems installing or a suggestion? Thanks very much.

got a link to to the vid so i can see what the product looks like

Fixer 05-10-2012 02:46 AM

@ $49.00 I bet its the Leapers standard two-piece Carbine. Its sold by a hundred different vendors with as many different names. It should fit just fine, if it doesnt the rail is defective. Not uncommon with the $50 rails. Dont file, shave, cut or bend anything. Just call the vendor and tell them you need another one and you send that one back. Also make sure you are not putting it on upside down. I dont know if thats possible but....

MrWray 05-10-2012 02:56 AM

It also may be a quad rail made for an airsoft rifle

Car54 05-10-2012 03:10 AM

install video.........http://combatoptical.com/catalog/AR15-M4-6.5-INCH--QUAD-PICATINNY-DUO-RAIL-STYLE-RIFLE-HAND-GUARD--681.html

Maybe you need more "ummph" pulling the delta ring down to allow clearance to get the other half in properly.

MikeJK 05-10-2012 03:14 AM

I guess the sarcasm of my first post fell on deaf ears lol.

Op, for $50 more you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble.

JonM 05-10-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeJK (Post 795731)
I guess the sarcasm of my first post fell on deaf ears lol.

Nope. it just wasnt a nice thing to say to a new poster. try and welcome folks. we like new users regardless of knowledge and skill level.

tommyd78 05-10-2012 03:28 AM

Thanks John it could be Car 54 is right I'm not pulling down hard enough on the delta ring gotta leave it alone for a while. Thanks Fixer should maybe I will send back.

MikeJK 05-10-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM

Nope. it just wasnt a nice thing to say to a new poster. try and welcome folks. we like new users regardless of knowledge and skill level.

It had nothing to do w/ any of that. It was a fun little joke dealing w/ the names RRA chooses. If you can't have fun w/ naming a commercial AR Operator or something similar it makes the name kinda ridiculous.

It's funny how people assume I'm a mean guy considering I'm the type to pull over and help an old lady mow her lawn regardless of my schedule.

I just don't beat around the bush when answering a question. It's a waste of time :)

tommyd78 05-10-2012 03:57 AM

quad rail

What I try to do when I post is to be clear what I'm trying to say not name drop a brand because I think it's the greatest. It's my first Ar 15and bought it cause I thought it was a good deal, it could have been another maker. I wasn't sure if it would fit on all ARs or just some makes ,someone may ask who makes it so it's in my post.