Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   Trade an SKS for an M1 Carbine? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/trade-sks-m1-carbine-81883/)

sputnik1988 01-20-2013 12:20 AM

Trade an SKS for an M1 Carbine?
 
I built a Norinco SKS from parts awhile back and i am considering a trade, not because I dislike the rifle, but because i am very interested in an M1 carbine.

The SKS has one of the old ATI folding stocks, a Tapco gas tube and handguard on it and two 20 round Tapco mags, I also have 300 rounds of Tula FMJ. What should I ask as far as trade in goes?

Obviously, it wont be an even trade. Thanks.

shaker 01-20-2013 01:16 AM

If I had an m1 and I was gonna trade you. I'd ask for 400 plus your ammo and sks.

mountainman13 01-20-2013 01:18 AM

Yes trade. Value wise the carbine has you beat. Good investment. Less stopping power but the money is there.

mountainman13 01-20-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 1101369)
Yes trade. Value wise the carbine has you beat. Good investment. Less stopping power but the money is there.

Do you know who made the carbine? Is it an Underwood?

sputnik1988 01-20-2013 01:50 AM

Just saw a few on the wall at the LGS, not sure of any of the makes though. I'll take a look on monday and see.

Does $400 sound like enough?

I mean with the demand up, they are going for $400-$500 without ammo, i know he has to make a profit too though.

mountainman13 01-20-2013 01:53 AM

A typical carbine in my area goes for $600 and up.

sputnik1988 01-20-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 1101426)
A typical carbine in my area goes for $600 and up.

Wow, I'd love to have one at that price, they go for $800-$850 here. :(

The CMP carbines dried up awhile back, that drove the cost up quite a bit. I think that there were more coming in from south Korea, but I haven't seen them yet.

mountainman13 01-20-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik1988 (Post 1101430)

Wow, I'd love to have one at that price, they go for $800-$850 here. :(

The CMP carbines dried up awhile back, that drove the cost up quite a bit. I think that there were more coming in from south Korea, but I haven't seen them yet.

Obama did q good job of blocking anything coming in. Kind of understandable as we were essentially buying back guns we donated but still regrettable.

sputnik1988 01-20-2013 02:05 AM

That sucks.

I guess I will see how much I can get for it, my only fear is that he knows how much i have in it. :o

I bought most of the parts from him and he gave me a good deal. It wouldnt surprise me if he said $300 firm. :(

mountainman13 01-20-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik1988 (Post 1101449)
That sucks.

I guess I will see how much I can get for it, my only fear is that he knows how much i have in it. :o

I bought most of the parts from him and he gave me a good deal. It wouldnt surprise me if he said $300 firm. :(

No way in hell I would let an sks go for that, especially right now when similar guns are going for double or triple price.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:35 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.