Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   thoughts on keltec su16c? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/thoughts-keltec-su16c-92773/)

kuntreebouy 06-24-2013 01:06 AM

thoughts on keltec su16c?

just curious, what r some peeplz thoughts on the su16c, I actually purchased 1 and have had good luck with the gun,, so far its been very reliable, the only failures ive had were a couple of bad primers in bulk ammo [ not the guns fault] I got it for 650 out the door with a 30 rd mag, I didn't see it on this site, and I know its not as popular as the AR15, that's kinda why I got it, it has the ar extractor, firing pin and excepts ar mags, but has the gas piston spring system of the AK47 [ kinda like a cross btween the 2],,, anyone else had 1? what do you think about the gun? Im a newbie by the way, howdy from s.c

pawjr74 06-25-2013 04:15 AM

I had an SU16A and liked the rifle a lot. I got rid of it when I bought my AR. I didn't see a need to have both. There are some reports of the receivers cracking but I think it is far and few between.

JW357 06-25-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuntreebouy
just curious, what r some peeplz thoughts on the su16c, I actually purchased 1 and have had good luck with the gun,, so far its been very reliable, the only failures ive had were a couple of bad primers in bulk ammo [ not the guns fault] I got it for 650 out the door with a 30 rd mag, I didn't see it on this site, and I know its not as popular as the AR15, that's kinda why I got it, it has the ar extractor, firing pin and excepts ar mags, but has the gas piston spring system of the AK47 [ kinda like a cross btween the 2],,, anyone else had 1? what do you think about the gun? Im a newbie by the way, howdy from s.c

Don't know anything about the gun but welcome aboard. Swing by the introductions section and tell us about yourself when you get the time.

pawjr74 06-25-2013 01:12 PM

Check out www.thektog.org for more specific info on Kel Tec.

rjleal 06-26-2013 12:39 PM

The SU16B (I know it isn't the same but if I remember correctly the only difference is you can fire the "C" while folded) works well and no problems with it. I find it to be a good firearm. Due to not wanting to use the ammunition I have though, there have only been about twelve hundred rounds through it.

rachilders 07-02-2013 05:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I've got a PLR-16 (the "pistol" version of SU-16 with a 9 1/2" barrel) and in the approx 7 years I've owned it I've have had no problems. FYI, a couple of years ago I decided to get a class III stamp for it and turned it into a SBR. The two buttstocks I used are for a SU-16. You'd be amazed at the questions I get from other shooters when I go tho the range and they all seem to love the look, even a few LEO's I know that have seen it.

FWIW, I also own several AR's and if it ever came bug out time or I needed a rifle for personal defense, I'd grab the Kel-Tec first.
:D