tdi kriss super v vs ar-15 vs cx4 .40 cal
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > tdi kriss super v vs ar-15 vs cx4 .40 cal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default tdi kriss super v vs ar-15 vs cx4 .40 cal

ok first hi to everyone this is my first post, but anyway I am looking to buy a new fire arm, at first I wanted the kriss super v, but its very expensive. And the videos Ive seen on youtube doesnt make the recoil look that low compared to what its said to do. And for the price of it with the 30 rnd mags wich who wants to shoot 13 rnds in a gun like that, but I could buy 2 nice ar-15s. I also like the cx4 in .40 cal because it can be upgraded to hold 20 rnds which would obviously make it funner to shoot, but I dont like the plastic parts in it and the price, my local gun store sells it for like 700 to 800 bucks a little high for me. Ive heard of people getting them for around 500 to 600 which is reasonable but I cant find them for that price anywhere, so if someone does know please tell me. but i guess what im really wanting to know is the tdi kriss worth the price and is it what its cracked up to be? or should I go with an ar-15 chambered in 5.56 or the cx4 chambered in .40 cal if I could find it for around 500 to 600. THANKS and ANY INFO would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-11-2009, 07:16 AM   #2

any help or info would be greatly appreciated

Old 05-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Welcome to the Forum Mark -

Okay, first things first, what is it you are looking for this weapon platform to do for you? Plinking? Zombie Defense? What?

Because the TDI Super V and an AR-15 in 5.56mm are two COMPLETELY different applications.

I have handled the Super V and I like it. It's on my list of weapons to add to my safe, but it's not my first choice for a good SHTF battle rifle. It would make an excellent CQB weapon, or an urban environment, building to building weapon - plus it would be chambered the same as my 1911's - so I would only need to stock one kind of ammo. Huge plus in my book.

Having said that, the ammo for an AR in 5.56/.223 can be found just about anywhere ( gun shops, stores, sporting goods places, National Guard armories, police stations ). In the event of complete and total societal collapse, that would be a valuable luxury to have, the ability to procure more ammo....

JD

Old 05-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #4

The CX4 has a horrible trigger from the factory. You can find some very good info on the internet to make it smooth and nice. It just needs a little work. That being said, they are very fun & reliable little guns.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #5

thank you for the replies and the welcome. lol and incase of a zombie attack I have a greece made pre ban SAR-8 so Im not too worried about zombies not too sure a zombie could take 1 or two well placed .308s lol. I really wanted a the kriss but have never gotten a chance to fire or even hold one, I just saw videos and didnt think it looked like it was all it cracked up to be, and yes I too have a 45 USP HK full size so sharing ammo is a HUGE plus I just didnt know if it was worth the money, I live like 3 hours away from the manufacurer of the kriss so getting one is not a problem I just dont want to spend the money on it when I could get a nice really nice AR, Im really just looking for another home defense weapon and something fun to shoot as I shoot quite often. So I think I will be checking the Kriss out, I would really like to fire one before I drop 2 grand on it obvously. And since I have the SAR-8 and an Ak I was looking more for a really nice carbine, and the kriss looked like the cream of the crop, also I was instantly attracted to the cx4. I know Im not the only that has a real hard time picking new firearms I needed some advice to steer me in the right direction. So this weekend Im going to see if any of the ranges around me have any of the super vs to shoot before I make my descision. THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS, I ll let you know what I decide on. even if I get the kriss I still feel the need to add an AR to the collection. THANKS AGAIN

Old 05-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #6

Im also going to check out the cx4s but around here they sell for 7 to 8 hundred a little steep for that gun i beleive. I might just purchase all 3 because Im scared obama is going to take away my freakin rights as an American. THANKS for the info Big Cat.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:02 AM   #7

Kriss is has a sweet feel and look, but have only held one and never fired one. Ammo and mag availability is something to consider.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:24 PM   #8

The Kris is nothing short of bad ass, but the money is like wow. If you have the cash and that's what you gotta have, God bless ya!

If saving a whole bunch of money for a large-pistol-caliber carbine/rifle is your thing, how about a .40 cal Hi-Point carbine for like 250 bucks? Just throwing that out there. I've got a 9 and it's just great. Some big gun magazine (can't remember which) reviewed the Hi-Point and actually gave it higher marks than the Beretta carbine.

Just throwing that little hat into the ring there...

Josh

http://www.joshuasilverman.com

Old 07-28-2009, 04:33 AM   #9

I've fired the Kriss, and it was nothing short of orgasmic. There was still recoil, but there was zero muzzle rise, and it was extremely accurate. Also, you can't go wrong with a carbine chambered in .45 XD. I give it 4 thumbs up! It's expensive, but, like alot of expensive guns, you FOR SURE get what you pay for!!!

Old 03-02-2010, 06:32 AM   #10

I have a KRISS Super V and love it. I also have an AR15. Both do two totally different things.

KRISS is still expensive and mine was just over $3000. One of my AR15s was just over $2000.