I did a lot more work last night. I also turned in the SBR Eform [
Because of where i drilled the hole for the forearm i needed to modify the mounting pin. It doubles as a sling mount for the front of the rifle but the charging handle won't move to the forward most position so it needed to be filed down.
I used a hand grinder with a cutting disk then cleaned it up with a dremel.
The placement of the pin also interfered with the block the charging handle is attached to. It also would not ride all the way forward but this was a larger problem because the bolt would not close. I drilled it out and cleaned it up with a dremel.
I used a plastic welder to relocate the plastic piece that inserts into the lower receiver. This helps keep the hand guard from moving around.
I removed and cut the stock off. The mount for the pistol grip looks identical to an AR15 pistol grip mount. I did not try to mount one but have heard it will work.
These voids needed to be filled to add strength and give me a place to mount the stock.
I used plastic from the discarded stock to fill the void.
The stock I used has a metal bracket with two holds. I counter sunk the holes and drilled and threaded the plastic.
The small gaps will be filled in with epoxy later and sanded to give in a more factory look and less like I did it in my garage..... which I did.
This is the factory insert that catches the recoil spring and locks the lower and upper together in the rear. I filled in the shallow voids with more plastic from the discarded stock to give the bolts more meat to grab.
There are a few spots on the rifle that need to be refinished due to cutting or grinding that needed to be done. I will also sand several parts of the rifle with fine sand paper to smooth out a few of the rough spots. Most of what needs to be done at this point is cosmetic.
I still need to shoot it in this configuration and work on the uzi mags. I hand cycled the uzi mags loaded and they fed well when they were at the correct height. I cut the notch a little high on the first mag and it's giving me a few issues but I know what the issue is and should be easy to fix. I will just need time to work on them.