The Tale of Ol' Dirty

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > The Tale of Ol' Dirty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Default The Tale of Ol' Dirty

I'm not trying to pirate another forum,but man oh man-you folks just need to READ this-

The FAL Files Forums - The Tale of Ol' Dirty. A Texas Legend. (Update: over 15,000 rnds fired w/o cleaning)

Its about a FAL rifle that has been neglected to the tune of 15,000 rounds without a single cleaning!

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Funny you should bring this up. A buddy of mine bought a new RRA AR-15 about three years ago and has put about five or six thousand rounds through it.

He has never cleaned it.

It still cycles fine, it's still accurate...not showing any problems.

He doesn't plan on cleaning it until he does experience some kind of issues with it. Personally, I consider that abuse. There should be an American Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Firearms or a Firearm Protective Services bureau I could call to get temporary custody of it. Just long enough to clean the mother....

Old 06-02-2010, 12:38 AM   #3

Good God man another special interest group that takes a persons property for their own good?

Anyway-its interesting to see what kind of abuse modern arms will take.
That is,when OTHER people do it with THEIR guns

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

III%

Old 06-02-2010, 03:16 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I know, no pictures, it didn't happen, but I personally know of a Steyr GB that was fired so much with out cleaing, that enough carbon built up on the barrel to make the slide stick in half battery. You couldn't move it either way. It stayed in the dunk tank for 48 hrs before the slide would move. I have no idea how many rounds were fired through it to cause it to stick.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 06-02-2010, 03:33 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ha! I went and read the post. Then I clicked on the .jpg he had posted and it required me to log in or register. So I registered. When I got done it said the administrator banned my email address? lmao but it was a good read tho.

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 06-02-2010, 03:46 AM   #6

Yeah I dont know whats up with that this is something a freind directed me to in an email.

Thought I'd share-its pretty crazy.

-Mahatma Gandhi

III%