Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Sw 15-22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Sw 15-22

How about the baby brother to all those big black rifles? Most fun I've ever had with a .22 rifle.

... ed ...
MAINE - The Way Life Should Be ...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #2

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I'm itching for one too. I've heard some horror stories from the early batch that was sold but nothing more after the Oct. 09 bunch. A lot of ftf, and fte's. What brand and grain ammo you using?

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Haven't had much chance to really wring it out yet, but put a hundred rounds downrange on its first outing without a hiccup. Used Federal and Winchester bulk from Wally world. This thing is really fun to shoot. I tried it slow fire, medium, and then as fast as I could pull the trigger. Not a hitch. Gotta' love it. One caution - follow magazine loading instructions in the manual. That will save u a lot of headaches.

... ed ...

Old 04-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #4

Thanks. I heard from others that the Winchester 36 gr. was the best to use, and that the Remington had a lot of the problems in the earlier versions of the 15-22. I saw last week Buds Gun Shop had them advertised at $369 shipped.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #5

I've been REAL happy with mine too. The first 200 rds were Mini-mags then I switched to Federal #750's bulk pak. 1,200 rds without a hiccup. Pretty darn accurate, great 100yd plinker.

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 04-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I was using the Winchester 333 bulk as I couldn't find Federal one time. I never use Remington. Bought a new Ruger Mark III a year or so ago. Immediately had a bunch of FTFs out of the box. Called Ruger and they immediately said "You're using Remington Golden." I agreed that I was and they said that the Mark III didn't like them. Since then I've read many posts along those lines so what I've got left of the Remington goes in my .22 revolvers. I find that, for general plinking, the Federal is good. $369 is a good price for the 15-22. Especially as it includes shipping. Only thing to factor in is the cost for a FFL shop to receive it for you and that shouldn't be much more than 15-25 bucks..

... ed ...

Old 04-02-2010, 08:06 PM   #7

I have a FFL here by my house I've used before, 25 bucks for transfer and phone check (mandatory).

Old 04-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Thats a good price - I'd suggest ordering it soon before the price at Bud's goes up. It already has in most places. And the phone check I think is mandatory everywhere.

... ed ...

Old 04-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #9

Default S&w 15-22

I was all set to buy one, then I read a couple of letters in GUN TESTS reporting cartridge cases blowing up and in one case damaging the gun. Anyone had that experience?

Old 04-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I read a lot of stuff about them when they first came out but you can read many posts now about folks who have put thousands or rounds through them with no problems. I don't doubt that there were problems early on but what I've read are fail to fires/fail to ejects. And that was mostly with the early ones. I think that it took off a lot faster than SW expected and they were caught short and hurried production at first. Just my opinion. But they've taken care of any problems quickly from what I read. SW has probably one of the best customer service outfits around - again, my opinion. I wouldn't worry about getting a 15-22.

... ed ...

Newest Threads