Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Stock Options for M1A Scout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Stock Options for M1A Scout

I love my Springfield Scout, but would prefer a stock with a pistol grip. I've handled outfitted EBRs, and they seemed to be almost twice as heavy as the scout with the synthetic stock.
I am not a long distance shooter, maybe 200 yards.

Can anyone point out some options besides working out so the EBR becomes as light as a M4?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-18-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5244 Times on 2735 Posts
Likes Given: 330

not gonna happen. its a major drawback to m1a's. they are freekin heavy.

maybe contracting out some custom carbon fiber company to make you a carbon fiber stock... but with all the reinforcements i would need it still wont come close to a light weight m4 clone

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...