Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > STG-44 replica

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 05:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

PTR-91 Inc. is importing direct copys, albiet semi-auto copys of the STG 44. They will be sold as PTR-44's. Check out their site: Welcome to PTR 91 Inc. Home to the PTR-91 Series of Rifles

Old 12-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #12

My dad got one from his father who brought one home after the war. He wasn't into guns so we use to play war with it as a kids (no ammo of course). Wish I remembered what happen to it. Of course he use to restore cars and had stuff like Lincoln Gray Hound radiator caps laying around. If we could only go back in time.

They do make an airsoft version.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afi1 View Post
PTR-91 Inc. is importing direct copys, albiet semi-auto copys of the STG 44. They will be sold as PTR-44's. Check out their site: Welcome to PTR 91 Inc. Home to the PTR-91 Series of Rifles
Ahh nice link! thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by group17 View Post
My dad got one from his father who brought one home after the war. He wasn't into guns so we use to play war with it as a kids (no ammo of course). Wish I remembered what happen to it. Of course he use to restore cars and had stuff like Lincoln Gray Hound radiator caps laying around. If we could only go back in time.

They do make an airsoft version.
YouTube - Shoei MP44 airsoft gun.

Yes, for those rather more civilised countries in which airsoft is legal.

Unfortunately, I don't live in one of those

(but appreciate the vid anwyay)

Old 12-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #14

Un-civilized in Australia?

My son visited Gunnedah new south wales on a rotary exchange and really enjoyed your country.

Air soft would come in handy keeping the "roos" out of the back yard vegetable garden.

300FPS plastic BB's on full auto works like a champ making sure the deer dine at the neighbors where I live.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:33 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Well we'd be a lot more civilised if airsoft was legal lol

Airsoft is categorised here as 'military-style firearms' due to their automatic operation. Hell, even semi-auto would be a no-no

Quote:
* Category R/E: restricted weapons: machine guns, rocket launchers, assault rifles, flame-throwers, anti-tank guns, Howitzers, artillery, .50-calibre BMG weapons, etc. (Collectors in some states only, weapons must be comprehensively deactivated. Deactivated firearms are still subject to the same storage and licensing requirements as 'live' firearms in many states.)

....Australia also has tight restrictions on air pistols, airsoft guns, and replica firearms. Suppressors (or 'silencers') are extremely restricted and generally not available to most shooters.[3]
Gun politics in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In other words, any airsoft gun having similar operation to a "real" firearm, is considered exactly the same as that firearm in legislation.

(btw group17, my cousin is on a property running merinos & cattle @ Coolah, not that far from Gunnedah in the scale of things. It's a nice bit of country round those parts )

Old 12-19-2009, 11:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Well we'd be a lot more civilised if airsoft was legal lol

Airsoft is categorised here as 'military-style firearms' due to their automatic operation. Hell, even semi-auto would be a no-no

Gun politics in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In other words, any airsoft gun having similar operation to a "real" firearm, is considered exactly the same as that firearm in legislation.

(btw group17, my cousin is on a property running merinos & cattle @ Coolah, not that far from Gunnedah in the scale of things. It's a nice bit of country round those parts )
I thought that airsoft was a fairly big thing down in austriala, I suppose I was misinformed. At least you can be happy you don't live in Canada.

As far as the StG-44 goes, is it easy to obtain a genuine one in the States? The laws shouldn't be too bad due to my location, but are there any available for purchase?

Old 12-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #17

zhuk,
Here is my sons MP5 airsoft deer repellent. It's no STG 44 but still fun to shoot. I guess we in the states don't know how well we have it when it comes to firearms until we talk to some one from another country.

He also visited a a friend on a ranch in Dorrigo, New South Wales.
(Australia is very big scale)
The host family took him out one night roo hunting.
I think he prefered staying in town hunting Sheila's.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:02 PM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skate View Post
I thought that airsoft was a fairly big thing down in austriala, I suppose I was misinformed. At least you can be happy you don't live in Canada.

Ok this might be a leading question heh, but what's so bad about Canada? I thought they could have semi-autos etc and all sorts of things we can't

Quote:
Originally Posted by group17 View Post
zhuk,
Here is my sons MP5 airsoft deer repellent. It's no STG 44 but still fun to shoot. I guess we in the states don't know how well we have it when it comes to firearms until we talk to some one from another country.

He also visited a a friend on a ranch in Dorrigo, New South Wales.
(Australia is very big scale)
The host family took him out one night roo hunting.
I think he prefered staying in town hunting Sheila's.

Hey nice pic! thanks. Sorta tormenting, but I appreciate it anyway

Yeah we are a massive country (only 2 million sq kms smaller than the US) but with less people than Texas has rattling around in it, lol

'Sheila-hunting'? rofl. Men outnumber women in rural areas so that would be much more of a challenge than finding roos