STG-44 replica
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > STG-44 replica

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default STG-44 replica

[Possibly my only legit posting ever in this thread. lol]

A bit of excitement after today's club rifle comp. One of the guys brought out his newly-accquired replica Sturmgewehr; the mag loads with dummy rounds, ejects, trigger engages etc ie everything but actual firing capability.

Was fantastic to hold it, guess I was very possibly the most excited person there...I tried to restrain myself and could have taken many more pics if I hadn't wanted to appear *somewhat* sane lol. So forgive me for the overload..yeah there are a few!

The guy who owns it (in the background of the photos) holds a special prohibited weapons/restricted licence as a collector.

So much like the AK, unsurprisingly since a German was captured with one by the Russians in 1944, obviously Kalashnikov must have got a few "hints"...

Have to say racking the charging handle was immensely satisfying! *Bang!* That uncannily familiar sound which I know so well from youtube AK videos, heh. Absolutely made my day. Especially since this is as close as I'm ever likely to get to an AK...or anything semi-auto for that matter.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Our slightly crazy club armourer, Matt

Old 11-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

last ones

Can you see the pure desire in his eyes?

Joy getting a go

Actually, it's only now that I post these photos here that I realise how truly deprived we are in oz. Wouldn't be surprised if a few members here lol'd at our unseemly joy over something that doesn't actually fire

/sigh!

Old 11-08-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Zhuk:

What a beautiful weapon! But a non-firing replica? Must be something like kissing your sister.

But thanks for posting the photos, I have not ever had the opportunity to see one in person, so those photos are appreciated.

It is such a shame that you Aussies have to endure such a crap social-political anti-gun environment there down under. Which amazes me, beacuse none of the 12-15 Aussies that I have known personally were anywhere close to being socially correct or politically liberal!

TXnorton

Old 11-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
Zhuk:

What a beautiful weapon! But a non-firing replica? Must be something like kissing your sister.

But thanks for posting the photos, I have not ever had the opportunity to see one in person, so those photos are appreciated.

It is such a shame that you Aussies have to endure such a crap social-political anti-gun environment there down under. Which amazes me, beacuse none of the 12-15 Aussies that I have known personally were anywhere close to being socially correct or politically liberal!

'Kissing your sister', heh...rather a good analogy for replicas I guess!

Glad you liked the pics. I was giggling like the proverbial schoolgirl for some time afterwards, and I get that big goofy grin thinking about it now

Yeah I know unfortunately us shooters are looked upon with considerable suspicion by the public at large. I decided to support the club & the cause and bought a RANRRC (Royal Aust Naval Reserve Rifle Club) cap last week...you should see the double-takes and weird looks I get on the street from assorted people lol

We never had the sort of widespread-accepted gun culture like the US has traditionally had, but that bastard Howard has a lot of demonising to answer for.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
'Kissing your sister', heh...rather a good analogy for replicas I guess!

Glad you liked the pics. I was giggling like the proverbial schoolgirl for some time afterwards, and I get that big goofy grin thinking about it now

Yeah I know unfortunately us shooters are looked upon with considerable suspicion by the public at large. I decided to support the club & the cause and bought a RANRRC (Royal Aust Naval Reserve Rifle Club) cap last week...you should see the double-takes and weird looks I get on the street from assorted people lol

We never had the sort of widespread-accepted gun culture like the US has traditionally had, but that bastard Howard has a lot of demonising to answer for.
That is so cool!!!,

Old 11-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

zhuk,

Here ya go...not exactly a STG-44, but more than a replica

I.O.INC: MP38-C Pistol, 9x19 "CLOSEOUT"

I'd love to have a STG-44, but will never be able to afford that one. Very cool pics.

Slo

Old 11-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Nice!

I appreciate the link Slo

(considered too dangerous for CA I notice, ha)

Didn't actually ask Richard how much he paid for the STG...but it would have been pretty damn sizable. Being a registered prohibited weapons collector, he must also belong to an official collector's club & attend x number of meetings per year to retain lawful ownership. Just when you thought it couldn't get any more bureaucratic lol

Old 11-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3017 Times on 1572 Posts
Likes Given: 289

The StG-44 is truly a historical weapon. The Russians claim the AK was an independent design that was not "inspired" my Sturmgewer. I'm calling BS on that one. It also inspired the CETME/HK G-3 series of weapons.

To make you drool even more, I have a co-worker that has an honest to goodness StG-44. I have fired it. Class 3 machine gun. Ammo is still available, but fairly expensive. I have another co-worker with an MP-40. He is looking to sell if anyone is interested.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-10-2009, 04:50 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Too right, robocop. Having seen it there's no way you could say it's not the literal precursor to the AK-47...ie a less-overengineered version of the StG. As you might imagine the Russians would prefer

Think I read somewhere once that the more curved AK magazine was a technical improvement, from a performance POV...