And it starts....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > And it starts....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 02:50 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Well it looks like demand has finally over taken supply. I can't find any parts for my builds at decent prices. BCM had some stuff a couple days ago but now are dry. I need an Upper, BCG , Charging handle and LBK.

Guess I'm gonna have to find some luck and snag some. I have a Gun Show the weekend after X-mas but am not hopeful. Expecting prices to be jacked up. Any advice?

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-18-2012, 02:58 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Wait it out. In a month or so all will be back to as normal as it can be. I must confess though I ordered a polish pps today just in case.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #3

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

I'm thinking late spring. Women are gonna want to take a vacation, hubbub will say Obama took too much tax and we didn't get a good return, wifey will say sell that d%#m gun, you don't need it.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 12-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
I'm thinking late spring. Women are gonna want to take a vacation, hubbub will say Obama took too much tax and we didn't get a good return, wifey will say sell that d%#m gun, you don't need it.
SHooooot...anytime i even talk about selling a gun (to get cash to get another) my wife freeaks and says "like HELL you are!!" You can just wait and we will save up for that Redhawk/Henry big boy/another M-4/ what have you.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6622 Times on 3690 Posts
Likes Given: 6293

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
SHooooot...anytime i even talk about selling a gun (to get cash to get another) my wife freeaks and says "like HELL you are!!" You can just wait and we will save up for that Redhawk/Henry big boy/another M-4/ what have you.
God bless your wife!
She sounds a lot like mine.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:42 AM   #6

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

their isent a sami auto rifle over 22lr to be had in my area eithor. the main fear if that a assult weppen will be imposed. but people say the mini 14 isent a assult wepon. but you know the obama adm will define an assult weapon as any semiauto long gun with a detichabial maginzine. which will out law everything from the ar15 to a ruger 10-22

Old 12-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #7

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

The "problem" as I see it is that if they actually get a Semi-Auto ban then they just may end up confiscating ALL semi-autos(won't be easy but they'll try) so that any money you spend on one now will pretty much be wasted.
Personally, if I had the funds I'd want a Ruger Scout Rifle with a decent LER 2-7x scope and a few extra 10 round mags. That .308 Scout Rifle will out shoot any semi-auto "assault rifle" on the planet(5.56 or 7.62x39mm), I'll have a lot more reach and more down range stopping power with that 7.62x51mm even with it being a bolt action.

This is the War Room!"

Old 12-25-2012, 03:43 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
The "problem" as I see it is that if they actually get a Semi-Auto ban then they just may end up confiscating ALL semi-autos(won't be easy but they'll try) so that any money you spend on one now will pretty much be wasted.
Personally, if I had the funds I'd want a Ruger Scout Rifle with a decent LER 2-7x scope and a few extra 10 round mags. That .308 Scout Rifle will out shoot any semi-auto "assault rifle" on the planet(5.56 or 7.62x39mm), I'll have a lot more reach and more down range stopping power with that 7.62x51mm even with it being a bolt action.
They wont even try to confiscate, Caliph Hussien (May Allah bless his name) knows that would cause massive bloodshed, and prevent a democRAT from being elected for a hundred years.

Scout rifle more accurate. well....NO! A quality AR-10 platform is as accurate, or more so. Same range too.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

Old 12-28-2012, 04:59 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

They wont even try to confiscate, Caliph Hussien (May Allah bless his name) knows that would cause massive bloodshed, and prevent a democRAT from being elected for a hundred years.

Scout rifle more accurate. well....NO! A quality AR-10 platform is as accurate, or more so. Same range too.
What if we don't have anymore elections? What if the We the People become We the Slaves? Sounds outlandish but don't be surprised if something very close to this happens. It's not about my guns. It's about OUR Constitutional Rights. If they can destroy the 2nd Amendment, they can destroy the Constitution. If they can destroy the Constitution, they can destroy America. In less than 6 months, if the economy fails....BE AFRAID. THE GOVERNMENT WILL THEN HAVE US BY THE THROAT.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
What if we don't have anymore elections? What if the We the People become We the Slaves? Sounds outlandish but don't be surprised if something very close to this happens. It's not about my guns. It's about OUR Constitutional Rights. If they can destroy the 2nd Amendment, they can destroy the Constitution. If they can destroy the Constitution, they can destroy America. In less than 6 months, if the economy fails....BE AFRAID. THE GOVERNMENT WILL THEN HAVE US BY THE THROAT.
That's why we have the 2A. Cancelling elections will result in civil war.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill