Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   And it starts.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/starts-78717/)

Squawk 12-18-2012 02:50 AM

Well it looks like demand has finally over taken supply. I can't find any parts for my builds at decent prices. BCM had some stuff a couple days ago but now are dry. I need an Upper, BCG , Charging handle and LBK.

Guess I'm gonna have to find some luck and snag some. I have a Gun Show the weekend after X-mas but am not hopeful. Expecting prices to be jacked up. Any advice?

cllowe 12-18-2012 02:58 AM

Wait it out. In a month or so all will be back to as normal as it can be. I must confess though I ordered a polish pps today just in case.

primer1 12-19-2012 05:13 AM

I'm thinking late spring. Women are gonna want to take a vacation, hubbub will say Obama took too much tax and we didn't get a good return, wifey will say sell that d%#m gun, you don't need it.

fmj 12-19-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by primer1 (Post 1057462)
I'm thinking late spring. Women are gonna want to take a vacation, hubbub will say Obama took too much tax and we didn't get a good return, wifey will say sell that d%#m gun, you don't need it.

SHooooot...anytime i even talk about selling a gun (to get cash to get another) my wife freeaks and says "like HELL you are!!" You can just wait and we will save up for that Redhawk/Henry big boy/another M-4/ what have you.

locutus 12-19-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 1057819)
SHooooot...anytime i even talk about selling a gun (to get cash to get another) my wife freeaks and says "like HELL you are!!" You can just wait and we will save up for that Redhawk/Henry big boy/another M-4/ what have you.

God bless your wife!:D:D
She sounds a lot like mine.:):)

robertusa123 12-24-2012 12:42 AM

their isent a sami auto rifle over 22lr to be had in my area eithor. the main fear if that a assult weppen will be imposed. but people say the mini 14 isent a assult wepon. but you know the obama adm will define an assult weapon as any semiauto long gun with a detichabial maginzine. which will out law everything from the ar15 to a ruger 10-22

TNFrank 12-24-2012 03:06 PM

The "problem" as I see it is that if they actually get a Semi-Auto ban then they just may end up confiscating ALL semi-autos(won't be easy but they'll try) so that any money you spend on one now will pretty much be wasted.
Personally, if I had the funds I'd want a Ruger Scout Rifle with a decent LER 2-7x scope and a few extra 10 round mags. That .308 Scout Rifle will out shoot any semi-auto "assault rifle" on the planet(5.56 or 7.62x39mm), I'll have a lot more reach and more down range stopping power with that 7.62x51mm even with it being a bolt action.

locutus 12-25-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNFrank (Post 1064208)
The "problem" as I see it is that if they actually get a Semi-Auto ban then they just may end up confiscating ALL semi-autos(won't be easy but they'll try) so that any money you spend on one now will pretty much be wasted.
Personally, if I had the funds I'd want a Ruger Scout Rifle with a decent LER 2-7x scope and a few extra 10 round mags. That .308 Scout Rifle will out shoot any semi-auto "assault rifle" on the planet(5.56 or 7.62x39mm), I'll have a lot more reach and more down range stopping power with that 7.62x51mm even with it being a bolt action.

They wont even try to confiscate, Caliph Hussien (May Allah bless his name) knows that would cause massive bloodshed, and prevent a democRAT from being elected for a hundred years.

Scout rifle more accurate. well....NO! A quality AR-10 platform is as accurate, or more so. Same range too.

Squawk 12-28-2012 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus

They wont even try to confiscate, Caliph Hussien (May Allah bless his name) knows that would cause massive bloodshed, and prevent a democRAT from being elected for a hundred years.

Scout rifle more accurate. well....NO! A quality AR-10 platform is as accurate, or more so. Same range too.

What if we don't have anymore elections? What if the We the People become We the Slaves? Sounds outlandish but don't be surprised if something very close to this happens. It's not about my guns. It's about OUR Constitutional Rights. If they can destroy the 2nd Amendment, they can destroy the Constitution. If they can destroy the Constitution, they can destroy America. In less than 6 months, if the economy fails....BE AFRAID. THE GOVERNMENT WILL THEN HAVE US BY THE THROAT.

locutus 12-28-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squawk (Post 1068966)
What if we don't have anymore elections? What if the We the People become We the Slaves? Sounds outlandish but don't be surprised if something very close to this happens. It's not about my guns. It's about OUR Constitutional Rights. If they can destroy the 2nd Amendment, they can destroy the Constitution. If they can destroy the Constitution, they can destroy America. In less than 6 months, if the economy fails....BE AFRAID. THE GOVERNMENT WILL THEN HAVE US BY THE THROAT.

That's why we have the 2A. Cancelling elections will result in civil war.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:25 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.