Something Different - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Something Different

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Thanks guys.

I had it out Sat. morning and it shot great. My cheek bone is sore today for some reason. I'm headed back to the range Tues. morning.

The barkalite looks cool but the new furniture feels better.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #12

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

The furniture in the pic you posted looks way better than the wood furniture in the first pics you posted. But thats just my opinion.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #13

Liked 43 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I like that wood composite stock. It has an interesting look to it.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Put another 200 through it this morning w/o issue. I'm slowly getting faster on target and w/ follow-up shots. It deffinately needs a better comp than the slant break.

It get's a lot of puzzled looks when people ask what kinda AK it is and I say it's not an AK.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #15

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 982

Very nice, MJ, and I like the upgraded furniture! Cool to have something a little different than the masses, yet still have access to cheap ammo.

I wonder how it'd handle with an AK-74 style brake?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I just ordered a CNC Warrior brake from Cechpoint-USA. I did a search on brakes and it received decent reviews. Someone stated he experienced slight downward movement. I have heard this mentioned about the BC and it works well for me. Hopfully it'll take some of the harshness out of this thing. Being a pound lighter than the AK47 but using the same round makes a difference in recoil. I guess we'll see.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 03-22-2012, 05:11 AM   #17

Liked 63 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I can see your cheek being sore. Those folding stocks have a certain 'cool' to them, but they stink as butt stocks for aimed fire.

Try making sure the stock is well into your shoulder and watch how the stock rotates up and whacks your face. Full wooden stocks have less tendency to do that. Not that wooden stocks can't beat one's face.

Does this thing run a modified overhead gas piston based on the Simonov - Kalashnikov design? You say it's not an AK, but it looks to derive from that rifle.

Finally back in the United States!
OIIOHH
See my blog at:
http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

Old 03-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManMontgomery
I can see your cheek being sore. Those folding stocks have a certain 'cool' to them, but they stink as butt stocks for aimed fire.

Try making sure the stock is well into your shoulder and watch how the stock rotates up and whacks your face. Full wooden stocks have less tendency to do that. Not that wooden stocks can't beat one's face.

Does this thing run a modified overhead gas piston based on the Simonov - Kalashnikov design? You say it's not an AK, but it looks to derive from that rifle.
I thought about getting one w/ a folding stock but went w/ a fixed stock then a week later added the AR style collapsible receiver extension and Magpul STR stock which has one of the best cheek welds of any stock on any firearm I have ever used. It's like a big fat pillow compared to the narrow fixed stock you'll find on any AK or AR.

I usually use a thumb-over grip but being as the irons are so close to bore my thumb interferes w/ my line of sight. I still am able to apply quite a bit of rearward pressure but it isn't as easy to keep the muzzle flat like on my ARs. Then again they all have brakes and 12-13" rails. Plus I don't have near the time behind this Czech rifle like I do an AR. At only 6.5 pounds I'll learn to like it .

The bolt more or less rides on top of the receiver. It is a completely different design for sure. Short stroke piston, completely different bolt, etc.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 03-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
The bolt more or less rides on top of the receiver. It is a completely different design for sure. Short stroke piston, completely different bolt, etc.
Isn't it pretty similar to the SKS action?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'll take some pics as soon as I get home.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Newest Threads