Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > so wal mart has AR15 rifles now?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 04:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gaspump86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 372
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Default so wal mart has AR15 rifles now?

I seen a sale add in the mail..... Wally world has a $900 sign AR and a $1100 colt AR

__________________
gaspump86 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 09-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 8,704
Liked 5082 Times on 2891 Posts
Likes Given: 4244

Default

That's not a bad price for a Colt. I'm glad to see them selling AR-15s. Maybe if they sell enough of them, they will be able to lower the price a little.

And maybe they'll start carrying more bulk .223 ammo.

__________________

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

locutus is offline  
m72law Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

It occurs to me that Wally's might just have the political pull to loosen some regulations, if wally's sees it as an avenue to more profit.

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WNC
Posts: 397
Liked 136 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default

I just can't help but wonder if firearms manufacturers cut corners to meet Walmarts 'low price' demands like electronic and other companies do.

__________________
Seven is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:28 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
silverado113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eastern,Iowa
Posts: 2,993
Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
I just can't help but wonder if firearms manufacturers cut corners to meet Walmarts 'low price' demands like electronic and other companies do.
Or the manufacturers lower their markup and expect the volume to lead to better profits.
__________________

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.


Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

silverado113 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:12 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gaspump86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 372
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Default

Yes great comments! They are also open to the Christmas layaway program! Plus if you know an employee get their 10% discount! I do! They also sell some black hawk holsters and pouches

__________________
gaspump86 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 8,704
Liked 5082 Times on 2891 Posts
Likes Given: 4244

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
I just can't help but wonder if firearms manufacturers cut corners to meet Walmarts 'low price' demands like electronic and other companies do.
Absolutely not. They sell to WM cheaper because WM purchases in volume.

If you were buying guns from one of Colt's jobbers, you get entirely different prices ordering 50 units, than you would ordering 50,000 units.

There's a story in the shooting world that "Mr. Sam" Walton called Bill Ruger and wanted to buy 10-22s in stainless steel with synthetic stocks.

Bill Ruger said that hell would freeze over before he made a rifle with a sythetic stock, or from stainless steel. By golly real guns were made from blued steel and walnut.

"Mr. Sam" said that he'd contact Marlin. Ruger asked how many rifles "Mr. Sam" needed.

When "Mr. Sam" answered 50,000, to start with,. Ruger asked when he wanted them delivered.

So if you like stainless steel and/or synthetic stocks on your 10-22, you can thank Sam Walton, not Bill Ruger.
__________________

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fathead00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 2,918
Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

Absolutely not. They sell to WM cheaper because WM purchases in volume.

If you were buying guns from one of Colt's jobbers, you get entirely different prices ordering 50 units, than you would ordering 50,000 units.

There's a story in the shooting world that "Mr. Sam" Walton called Bill Ruger and wanted to buy 10-22s in stainless steel with synthetic stocks.

Bill Ruger said that hell would freeze over before he made a rifle with a sythetic stock, or from stainless steel. By golly real guns were made from blued steel and walnut.

"Mr. Sam" said that he'd contact Marlin. Ruger asked how many rifles "Mr. Sam" needed.

When "Mr. Sam" answered 50,000, to start with,. Ruger asked when he wanted them delivered.

So if you like stainless steel and/or synthetic stocks on your 10-22, you can thank Sam Walton, not Bill Ruger.
Wow!! That's very interesting and very true in moving forward in any business. That would've been bad business letting the enemy have that big sale.
__________________
Fathead00 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Flint Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 441
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

My local Wal-Mart here in south Georgia is stocking Colt, S&W, Sig, Bushmaster, and DPMS (7.62 and 5.56). The fact is, they have a better selection of black rifles than most gun stores. Ammo prices are generally as good or better than anything I can find online. It all sounds good on the surface. What comes next is not so good. Small local dealers can't compete head to head with Wal-Mart and they will slowly leave the market or go under. Long run, less competition. The local new gun store will go the route of video stores. Our choices will in time boil down to pawn shops for used guns and online transfers or big box retailers for new guns.

__________________

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Flint Rock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 8,704
Liked 5082 Times on 2891 Posts
Likes Given: 4244

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Rock View Post
My local Wal-Mart here in south Georgia is stocking Colt, S&W, Sig, Bushmaster, and DPMS (7.62 and 5.56). The fact is, they have a better selection of black rifles than most gun stores. Ammo prices are generally as good or better than anything I can find online. It all sounds good on the surface. What comes next is not so good. Small local dealers can't compete head to head with Wal-Mart and they will slowly leave the market or go under. Long run, less competition. The local new gun store will go the route of video stores. Our choices will in time boil down to pawn shops for used guns and online transfers or big box retailers for new guns.
What you say is true. but that's the way the country moves forward economically. I remember growing up in a small town with "mom 'n'pop"
grocery stores. We ate a lot of beans and cornbread. safeway finally came to town. Yes, they put mom and pop out of business. But we started eating steak and potatoes after they arrived.

The volume dealers hurts mom and pop, but they give everyone else a better life.
__________________

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
wal-mart AR is interesting to me hawkguy AR-15 Discussion 191 03-27-2012 12:22 AM
I think we should let Wal-mart run the country. cpttango30 Politics, Religion and Controversy 12 09-06-2011 05:24 AM
People of Wal Mart....the RAP!! spittinfire The Club House 3 01-12-2010 10:18 AM
YHM-15 Rifles AR15 Loaded Black Diamond Specter XL carbine HK911 Sponsor Display 0 12-17-2009 05:27 PM
YHM-15 Rifles AR15 Loaded Black Diamond Specter XL carbine HK911 Sponsor Display 0 12-17-2009 05:25 PM