*Sniffle*
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > *Sniffle*

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AusLach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Coffs Harbour,New South Wales
Posts: 1,567
Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default *Sniffle*


US Rifle SMITH Ent. M14
308win 20 Shot Category D
Springfield Cluster Rail, Magpul Front Grip
Sure Fire Scout LED Torch
Eotech Law Enforcement Circle X Scope
As New $11990



I'm just going to go find a quiet spot by myself and have a little cry I think
__________________
AusLach is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 04-07-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 17,757
Liked 5803 Times on 3030 Posts
Likes Given: 398

Default

prolly a sear gun. during my search for a M16 ive run across two main types. you can normally tell by the price whether its a registered reciever or just a registered sear. 11k$ range M14s ive always seen are just registered sears.

i came across one registered reciever M14 at 19,000$

__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AusLach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Coffs Harbour,New South Wales
Posts: 1,567
Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
prolly a sear gun. during my search for a M16 ive run across two main types. you can normally tell by the price whether its a registered reciever or just a registered sear. 11k$ range M14s ive always seen are just registered sears.

i came across one registered reciever M14 at 19,000$
Please excuse my ignorance Jon, but sear gun??
__________________
AusLach is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:42 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dunerunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florence, Oregon
Posts: 8,481
Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

I'm with you Aus. Just saw a Saiga 7.62 NEW for under $700! Ain't got that either!!

__________________

People get the government they deserve.

dunerunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #5
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 17,757
Liked 5803 Times on 3030 Posts
Likes Given: 398

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
Please excuse my ignorance Jon, but sear gun??
full auto. registered sear. 11k$ is the typical asking price and a M14 is a full auto weapon. i cant imagine a semi auto only firearm will hit 11,000$.

a sear gun is a semi-auto that has been converted to select fire with the registered part being the auto-sear itself. thoe arent as desirable as a registered reciever and usually its around half the price of a select fire registered reciever.

if you break wear down or lose the sear on a registered reciever gun you can just buy a new one for a few$ and replace it. if the sear itself is the registered NFA part you cant replace it on loss or damage.

so from your info given above and the description and price im assuming thats a NFA firearm due mainly to price.
__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:05 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AusLach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Coffs Harbour,New South Wales
Posts: 1,567
Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
full auto. registered sear. 11k$ is the typical asking price and a M14 is a full auto weapon. i cant imagine a semi auto only firearm will hit 11,000$.

a sear gun is a semi-auto that has been converted to select fire with the registered part being the auto-sear itself. thoe arent as desirable as a registered reciever and usually its around half the price of a select fire registered reciever.

if you break wear down or lose the sear on a registered reciever gun you can just buy a new one for a few$ and replace it. if the sear itself is the registered NFA part you cant replace it on loss or damage.

so from your info given above and the description and price im assuming thats a NFA firearm due mainly to price.
Thanks for the explaination but this is an Australian ad, so what you see is what you get. A regular old semi-auto only M1A for near-on $12,000. If you're so inclined you may also purchase a good conditioned Colt AR-15 for $18,000 and a NIB Remmy R-25 will set you back $21,000..

Now doesn't that just make you wanna move here straight away!?
__________________
AusLach is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:07 AM   #7
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 17,757
Liked 5803 Times on 3030 Posts
Likes Given: 398

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
Thanks for the explaination but this is an Australian ad, so what you see is what you get. A regular old semi-auto only M1A for near-on $12,000. If you're so inclined you may also purchase a good conditioned Colt AR-15 for $18,000 and a NIB Remmy R-25 will set you back $21,000..

Now doesn't that just make you wanna move here straight away!?
oh ya you guys are worse off than us. cuz thats the price range for automatics here. i cant believe semis are bringing that!!

you have my condolences.

a similar gun to that here is about 1200$
__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:21 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CA357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 19,871
Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default

Can you import guns for personal use Aus? You can get a new Springfield M1A for under 2k or a pretty nice M1 Garand for around $700. here.

...Or can you be gifted a gun?

__________________
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
CA357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:36 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AusLach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Coffs Harbour,New South Wales
Posts: 1,567
Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Can you import guns for personal use Aus? You can get a new Springfield M1A for under 2k or a pretty nice M1 Garand for around $700. here.

...Or can you be gifted a gun?
Unfortunately not CA, an individual cannot import a gun for personal use. Even if I could, a 'Category D' licence would then be required to register it to me, which is only obtainable if you are able to prove that your main stream of income comes from professional shooting (by way of Stat Dec from accountant etc).

Here's a table of our ridiculous licencing laws:
Genuine Reasons Table
I've got an A/B licence, even to own a 'Cat C' I'd have to own at least 1000 acres and have proof of a significant pest problem
__________________
AusLach is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:46 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CA357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 19,871
Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default

Aw geez, that sucks Aus.

__________________
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
CA357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes