Sig AR-10 FTE - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Sig AR-10 FTE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5994 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_CCW View Post
So I finally got to eject a few empties by hand. Even if I pull back the charging handle very slowly they eject several feet with both magazines. They seem to have plenty of clearance from the next round in the magazine. I cleaned the extractor but it didn't appear dirty enough to affect the function. Did have a little too much oil in there.
Then the problem is short stroking. The bolt is not coming back fast enough to eject cleanly. I would guess you have brass marks just in front of the ejection port inside the reciever where the brass is hitting as the bolt comes back too slowly.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #22

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Didn't get to shoot this weekend. Local range is flooded. It does seem to be short stroking except that increasing the gas should have helped this but didn't.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:18 AM   #23

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 9

As stated on my other thread, I got to shoot about 40 reloaded rounds from my 716 today using some new LR/SR magazines I bought. Everything functioned perfect, making me think the magazine was the main problem. Brass still ejecting a little less than originally. About 3-6 ft.