Sig 522 information please?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Sig 522 information please?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 04:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sig 522 information please?

Hey guys im new on here, but i have a question about a gun iv been looking at. I have been going back and forth between the Sig 522, and the SW M&P 15 22. I like the sig more but the question i had was about the e-clip problem. I know the problem and how your suppose to fix it, but my question is if i buy a new Sig 522 from Academy will it have the notched guide rod or has the problem been fixed now, and i dont have to worry about it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

It should be fixed by now, but just in case, I would call Sig customer service, before or after your purchase and give them the rifle's serial number. They will inform you if it has been upgraded and if not, they will send you the required upgrade/notched guide rod kit. It's an easy fix and no more problems.

BTW, welcome to the forum, maybe you can stop by INTRODUCTIONS and say a howdy-do, if you like what ya see and find here helpful, you may just want to stick around!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”