Should I trade my Mossberg 500 for an this SKS? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Should I trade my Mossberg 500 for an this SKS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 11:01 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
FWIW, a bit of tactical planning for a pump or auto shotgun- If your primary load is a RED hull, make the first shell you load in the magazine a different brand/color- like green. When you get excited you may not pay attention to the number of shots fired, but when the different color hull ejects, you know it is time to reload. You can also do this with the SECOND shell you load- when that shell ejects, mag is empty, weapon is not.
Good advice,thanks

Old 07-21-2008, 01:54 AM   #22

Default assault rifle vs shotgun

2 very differnt weapons for 2 very differnt kinds of uses for short distances we all know that you cant beat a shotgun but for ammo capacity you cant beat a assault rifle so if your using the shotgun for home defence keep it if not get rid of it pick up the sks and be done with it there both good guns and you just have to decide what do you want more i also belive just go buy the sks and keep the shotgun and then you can have your cake and eat it to good luck

Last edited by dirtysouth; 07-21-2008 at 01:59 AM.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:59 AM   #23

My advice, if you can afford it and really want that SKS, is KEEP the Mossberg 500 for home protection and buy the SKS for, well, whatever.

Despite all the firearms I own. The one I make sure I have ready at hand when I go to bed is my trusty Mossberg 500. It's not the cheapie Maverick. But if a BG decides to break in my house at 3:00 AM, he'll get carried out with a load of 00 or #4 Buckshot in him.

To me, the Mossberg 500 is an ideal shotgun. I carried one (with permission) for years as a LEO instead of the Remington 870 that was issued. The main reason was the Remington had the safety behind the trigger, and since I shoot from the left shoulder I had to reach through to put safety off. The Mossberg has the safety, where IMHO it belongs.

Just my $0.02 (US)

Bob

Old 08-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2872 Times on 1496 Posts
Likes Given: 257

The safety on a shot gun is an afterthought that should not come into play in a "combat" situation. IMHO the way to load a shot gun for carry or HD is hammer down on an empty chamber, full mag tube. No safety. When you need to shoot, simply rack the action and shoot. Use the safety when unloading after the fray.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #25

Robocop- I always thought that was THE ONLY way? We call it "cruiser load". I can't seem to get my guys to keep the damn thing loaded with slugs though, despite re-writing the policy...

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-