Scar17's are HOT!! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Scar17's are HOT!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 02:59 AM   #31
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
CHF makes a stronger more wear resistant barrel.

Chrome makes it last longer and easier to clean but also makes it a little less precise.

JonM's been getting sub moa on his Scar 17, and that's impressive. I think he'd be getting better results if the barrel was a stainless. I'm sure he'd agree.

Honestly I wish people would make an upper reciever and parts for the SCAR platform so we can start building them like we do ARs.

That'd be dope
Stainless might edge the stock barrel a scootch but from where this thing sits atm with stock crappy trigger its hard to tell. 308 is a solid 800yard round but it starts to get squirrly much past that point regardless of barrel length. Ive done a bit of shooting years back at 600-1000 yards with a 24inch remington 700 308 and 800+ is really a crapshoot for me. Thats where the greater case capacity of the 30-06 edges it out. Even that starts falling short which led to the 300winmag and others.

For what the gun is its a stupid accurate battle rifle that can easily fill a dmr role with a decent optic. I just dont see a need to add a longer barrel and increasing weight for a fraction of an moa in accuracy

What i would like to see would be an accessory pack with a 60inch pound torque wrench a set of scar17 specific hex keys and screw driver that fits in the buttstock with enough room for spare barrel retaining screws and such

Mine held up well in the red texas dust the trijicon accupoint held zero perfectly and the adm scout mount retained zero perfectly through many cycles of mounting and dismounting over the last few days. Shot two nice for texas doe both of which where donated to an orphanage. The wife bagged her first ever deer 8point buck which im having mounted for her. The meat was also donated. She used her savage 10fcp-sr with surefire fa762k suppressor and 3.5-15x nxs f1 nightforce scope. She got a perfect heart shot through the front chest at 89yards with a nosler 180grain partition. It dropped dead where it stood. Some ass clown had previously shot it in the front foreleg with a 223 as it had a 223 sized exit wound which had seriously healed poorly with massive bone fragmentation im surprised it was able to survive and must have been in massive pain.

Pics to come of the deer results later. Im nowhere near me computer for cut and paste atm.

Also had an oppurtunity to rapid fire the scar suppressed and unsupressed without the pws brake using a surefire scar-h flashhider. Movie of that forthcoming as well.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-04-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #32

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Hey JonM, how much does it weigh? can't find the specs on the FN website. Just wondering.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #33
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
Hey JonM, how much does it weigh? can't find the specs on the FN website. Just wondering.
The 16 ways around the same as a standard AR so I assume just a bit more.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #34
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
7.9 pounds sans mag

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #35

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

mmmmm. That's mightly sesci for a semi auto 308.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #36
FTF_MODERATOR.png

yeah with just the irons its super light for a 308 and lighter than most ar15. and the balance point at the front edge of the magwell makes it feel much lighter than it is.

ive put magpul selectors and a magpul grip on it. i wanted to put a bcm gunfighter grip and i might still but the grip will need some filing and grinding to do it. m=next week its getting a rail extension.