Scar
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Scar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 04:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Scar

My buddy and I were talking the other day about the FN SCAR. He has really been wanting one in .308 but they are pretty hard to find. Well, as luck would have it we walked into the local gun store I do all my buying from and they had one on the wall...just got it the day before. He ended up buying it right there so he wouldn't miss out. We went out and shot it Sunday. Pretty nice shooting weapon for sure. Recoil and muzzle climb were really not much different than shooting a lot of M4's I've encountered. Not too big on the stock design though...just too bulky for my taste. The sights on the weapon kind of leave a bit to be desired but honetly, that weapon is meant to have optics on it. His Eotech and magnifier should be in this week so we will see how it shoots with that on there. I will say I love the charging handle location. All in all a great weapon...but, for the cost of that I'd just prefer to buy a good M4 platform rifle in 6.8 with all my accessories on it. I guess it's just the fact that I've done so much training and carrying of the M4 that I don't really see a need to change to a different style of weapon. Anyone else shot the SCAR?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

We need some pics man. Sounds good though.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

We will more than likely be shooting again this weekend or early next week. I'll get some pics and video then to share.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 39 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Hey Doc! I have an FN SCAR light...5.56 .223 caliber. Bought it about 3 months ago fer $2300.00. I freaking love it. Threw the new EOtech EXPS-3 plus the EOtech 3x magnifier w/flip to side q/d mount on it, it is deadly accurate at practically all distances. The red dot is hard to hit dead on at very long range like 600 meters because the dot covers the bulls, but it hits close enough to be deadly. The recoil and barrel pullup is non-existent. And it does not get dirty like the old direct impingement systems. So now I'm converting my AR to piston drive with the Adams Arms kit. Will be done tomorrow...My Bushy Ar15 with Trijicon ACOG is superb for long range. Can't go wrong with an ACOG! To sum it up...NO complaints at all for the FN SCAR. An extremely sweet assault rifle, worth every penny!

Old 12-31-2010, 01:44 PM   #5
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1426 Times on 721 Posts
Likes Given: 1040

I fired the SCAR 16S w irons & a 30rnd box a couple of times on a gun n run. It made easy strong/support transitions, low recoil, fast reacq...but you get what you pay for. Extremely nice carbine, no doubt, very high "cool" factor. Considering the cost I didn't find any huge advantage over the M4.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:30 PM   #6

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Don't get me wrong both the SCAR and the ACR have a high cool factor, and if someone offered them to me I (or even sold 'em for around $1500ish and I had money handy) I wouldn't turn 'em down.

Those guns just seem like half hearted attempts to replace the M-16/M-4 family in the military, IMO the M-16/4 family will be around for a while longer. My guess for a real upgrade is some kind of bull pup, probably caseless ammo too.

...That or some nifty gauss gun thingie like in Mass Effect. Probably the bullpup though.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory