sbr semi auto
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > sbr semi auto

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default sbr semi auto

Been checking out some web sites on a semi auto sbr.
Seems that they have all been fully auto, even the SIG that I found.
Anyone know where I can get a decent priced one 7-10" barrel preffered between $1k and $1500 With mounting rail top and bottom

Or could possibly build one
Best places to go in Houston to find these...excluding collectors Firearms
Thanks
p

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-17-2012, 03:29 AM   #2

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I'm assuming you are looking for an AR. Correct?

Old 05-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #3

yes,
talked with a guy at a gun range in Houston and he told me ATF paperwork, etc is req'd on all sbr...anything under 10 or 11"
just wanting to get my facts in check

Old 05-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #4

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidalias
yes,
talked with a guy at a gun range in Houston and he told me ATF paperwork, etc is req'd on all sbr...anything under 10 or 11"
just wanting to get my facts in check
Anything under 16" (barrel) or something like 26" overall. Cool but not worth it imo.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 235 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Check out Noveske, they are good.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #6

Liked 1134 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
Anything under 16" (barrel) or something like 26" overall. Cool but not worth it imo.
Mike is right ATF paperwork for anything less than 16" barrel, must meet atleast the 26" total minimum length with stock extended which wont be a problem for that long of barrel. Paperwork , including fingerprints, your CLEO must sign off on the paperwork if he is even willing to do so . and of course the $200 tax stamp fee. I wouldnt even think about buying the barrel until you get the paperwork done because if you cant get the paperwork signed you have wasted your money . If you have a barrel that short in your possession and dont atleast have a pistol lower to put it on you are in violation.
PH

Old 05-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6015 Times on 3149 Posts
Likes Given: 431

you can skip the cleo signature by going the nfa trust route. altho the rules just changed and i believe cleo notification is required and fingerprints. if you go the trust route consult an nfa attourney.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #8

I appreciate the help. I did see a SIG 556 swat pistol with no stock. Looked like you can remove back plate and add something on there...

Old 05-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc

Mike is right ATF paperwork for anything less than 16" barrel, must meet atleast the 26" total minimum length with stock extended which wont be a problem for that long of barrel. Paperwork , including fingerprints, your CLEO must sign off on the paperwork if he is even willing to do so . and of course the $200 tax stamp fee. I wouldnt even think about buying the barrel until you get the paperwork done because if you cant get the paperwork signed you have wasted your money . If you have a barrel that short in your possession and dont atleast have a pistol lower to put it on you are in violation.
PH
That is the main reason I just started building AR pistols. I would rather keep my $200 instead of giving it to the ATF. To me a AR pistol is the same as a SBR, I can just put the buffer tube up to my shoulder if I want to fire it like it is a rifle.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #10

Liked 1134 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrock44 View Post
That is the main reason I just started building AR pistols. I would rather keep my $200 instead of giving it to the ATF. To me a AR pistol is the same as a SBR, I can just put the buffer tube up to my shoulder if I want to fire it like it is a rifle.
I was going to go that route but after shooting my buddes pistol I could never get the buffer tube in the same spot and I didnt shoot consistant with it so I went the ATF route and paid the $200 as a individual , Didnt see any reason to go with a trust