Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   sbr semi auto (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/sbr-semi-auto-64610/)

invalidalias 05-16-2012 07:01 PM

sbr semi auto

Been checking out some web sites on a semi auto sbr.
Seems that they have all been fully auto, even the SIG that I found.
Anyone know where I can get a decent priced one 7-10" barrel preffered between $1k and $1500 With mounting rail top and bottom

Or could possibly build one
Best places to go in Houston to find these...excluding collectors Firearms
Thanks
p

MikeJK 05-17-2012 02:29 AM

I'm assuming you are looking for an AR. Correct?

invalidalias 05-17-2012 03:12 AM

yes,
talked with a guy at a gun range in Houston and he told me ATF paperwork, etc is req'd on all sbr...anything under 10 or 11"
just wanting to get my facts in check

MikeJK 05-17-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invalidalias
yes,
talked with a guy at a gun range in Houston and he told me ATF paperwork, etc is req'd on all sbr...anything under 10 or 11"
just wanting to get my facts in check

Anything under 16" (barrel) or something like 26" overall. Cool but not worth it imo.

okdonk 05-17-2012 08:03 AM

Check out Noveske, they are good.

purehavoc 05-17-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeJK (Post 804796)
Anything under 16" (barrel) or something like 26" overall. Cool but not worth it imo.

Mike is right ATF paperwork for anything less than 16" barrel, must meet atleast the 26" total minimum length with stock extended which wont be a problem for that long of barrel. Paperwork , including fingerprints, your CLEO must sign off on the paperwork if he is even willing to do so . and of course the $200 tax stamp fee. I wouldnt even think about buying the barrel until you get the paperwork done because if you cant get the paperwork signed you have wasted your money . If you have a barrel that short in your possession and dont atleast have a pistol lower to put it on you are in violation.
PH

JonM 05-17-2012 09:20 PM

you can skip the cleo signature by going the nfa trust route. altho the rules just changed and i believe cleo notification is required and fingerprints. if you go the trust route consult an nfa attourney.

invalidalias 05-18-2012 02:10 PM

I appreciate the help. I did see a SIG 556 swat pistol with no stock. Looked like you can remove back plate and add something on there...

bigrock44 05-20-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc

Mike is right ATF paperwork for anything less than 16" barrel, must meet atleast the 26" total minimum length with stock extended which wont be a problem for that long of barrel. Paperwork , including fingerprints, your CLEO must sign off on the paperwork if he is even willing to do so . and of course the $200 tax stamp fee. I wouldnt even think about buying the barrel until you get the paperwork done because if you cant get the paperwork signed you have wasted your money . If you have a barrel that short in your possession and dont atleast have a pistol lower to put it on you are in violation.
PH

That is the main reason I just started building AR pistols. I would rather keep my $200 instead of giving it to the ATF. To me a AR pistol is the same as a SBR, I can just put the buffer tube up to my shoulder if I want to fire it like it is a rifle.

purehavoc 05-20-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigrock44 (Post 808542)
That is the main reason I just started building AR pistols. I would rather keep my $200 instead of giving it to the ATF. To me a AR pistol is the same as a SBR, I can just put the buffer tube up to my shoulder if I want to fire it like it is a rifle.

I was going to go that route but after shooting my buddes pistol I could never get the buffer tube in the same spot and I didnt shoot consistant with it so I went the ATF route and paid the $200 as a individual , Didnt see any reason to go with a trust