Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   Saiga Availability (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/saiga-availability-103420/)

notdku 01-29-2014 09:31 PM

Saiga Availability

Is anyone else having issues with finding new Saiga-12's?

Are there any issues with importation right now with them?

Mercator 01-29-2014 09:57 PM

I haven't been looking, so cannot be positive. Saw a .410 Saiga at the LGS. A GB search for "Saiga 12" just now returned 127 Firearms.

Jagermeister 01-29-2014 09:58 PM

Yes, we are having problems in Europe too. That is why I ended up getting an Arsenal. The weapons dealer my LGS ordered the Ak from said they have not received a Saiga order in three years!!! The factory is going through a change right now too, to include a new name. They are not Izhmash anymore, but Kaleshnikov Concern. I honestly believe it is the factory. We do not have the import problems like the US. That is ok with me.. The Arsenal is actually higher quality.

JonM 01-29-2014 09:59 PM

Not that I'm aware of.

Might just be local demand

MisterMcCool 01-29-2014 11:22 PM

CNC warrior has them for $719.99.
Just type what you're looking for into gunwatcher.

no offense and none taken
BannedBackTogether@email.com

John_Deer 01-30-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister (Post 1494496)
Yes, we are having problems in Europe too. That is why I ended up getting an Arsenal. The weapons dealer my LGS ordered the Ak from said they have not received a Saiga order in three years!!! The factory is going through a change right now too, to include a new name. They are not Izhmash anymore, but Kaleshnikov Concern. I honestly believe it is the factory. We do not have the import problems like the US. That is ok with me.. The Arsenal is actually higher quality.

A Russian blessing to the people of Germany.

1911love 02-03-2014 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1494536)
CNC warrior has them for $719.99.
Just type what you're looking for into gunwatcher.

no offense and none taken
BannedBackTogether@email.com

I remember just a few years ago when they were selling for $450. I wonder who is raising the price, the manufacturer, the distributor, the dealer, or all three? I still can't believe how much they go for.

I haven't noticed a shortage. What I have noticed though is that way more people are buying the Vepr 12.

Mercator 02-03-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911love (Post 1497431)
I remember just a few years ago when they were selling for $450. I wonder who is raising the price, the manufacturer, the distributor, the dealer, or all three? I still can't believe how much they go for.

I haven't noticed a shortage. What I have noticed though is that way more people are buying the Vepr 12.

They still can be had for $600+. As to who is raising the price, I'd say life is. All "ass salt" rifles never came down in price to where they were before the Obamic panic.

MaineMan 02-03-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notdku (Post 1494481)
Is anyone else having issues with finding new Saiga-12's?

Are there any issues with importation right now with them?

I had no idea there was a demand for Saigs-12's ;)

John_Deer 02-07-2014 04:31 PM

In this area the 12 ga models are priced in the $800 range. About $600 more than they are worth. The price went up to pay for the Arsenal plant in the US. I have heard the line of BS the clerks feed potential customers saying the made in USA Saiga is machined, not stamped. I had a Russian 5.56x45 and a 308. They were decent shooters and they were reliable. I just never shot either gun very much. I sold both of them during the 3% chance of a gun law being passed craze after sandy hook.