Rock River LAR-8 vs Springfield M1a
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Rock River LAR-8 vs Springfield M1a

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Rock River LAR-8 vs Springfield M1a

I have an old mini-14 that doesn't shoot worth a damn anymore (2 foot groups at 100 yards). I have been looking to upgrade and want to go to .308. I have looked at both of these guns and am leaning heavily towards the RRA LAR-8. The springfield is nice too but is $300 more. I would greatly appreciate any opinions from users of both on the pros and cons.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-23-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5818 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 402

My opinion:

the m1a can be accurate if you drop a lot of $$$ into it but i think they are more hype than substance out of the box in standard configurations. the air gauged cryoed barrel version are accurate but you can get the exact same barrel and accuracy from a much cheaper lar8 like nearly half the price of one of the tricked out m1a's

had a springfield loaded sold it. its a fun gun but accuracy wasnt as good as i would have wished. if you want a m1a because its a m1a thats fine. but if you want a tack driver the lar8 would be my choice

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...