Rifle Selection HK or FN - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Rifle Selection HK or FN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 03:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

It is kind of like comparing a Benz to a BMW. I have had several of each platform, and what I have in my safe right now are DSA FN Fal's, (along with an Imbel). I like the FN, but it boils down to what you like.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #12

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Both are exelent rifles...

Here in Venezuela the FN-FAL was the reglamentary rifle of the army, navy, air force and national guard since early 50's (they replace the SAFN-49) until the last year, now we've the AK-103.
The FAL is undestructible, in here the maintenance is not the favorite activity of the trops, so I can tell you the FAL will take everything...
The spanish magazines (ARMAS) it's the most difused publication in here. So we read a lot about the CETME, as I can remeber ...I know the CETME as a sturdy, easy to clean and mantain rifle, so I think, both are good chices.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 01-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

H&Ks can eat brass, but their drum style sights are the best open sights available anywhere.

M14/M1As are king in every aspect but sights. Several companies sell H&K style front sights these days though.

Here is my rifle of choice: http://www.smithenterprise.com/products02.html
Be sure to read all 3 pages.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Jesus Matt *whistling*, when they won't even tell you the price after three pages of writing I am BETTING Dollars to Doughnuts that you can BUILD one for a 1/3rd of what they are going to charge you for that "thing".

I am sure it's a solid piece of kit, but for what is going to amount as a healthy down payment on tuition for one of the Little Ones, it damn well BETTER BE.... LOL

JD

Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Jesus Matt *whistling*, when they won't even tell you the price after three pages of writing I am BETTING Dollars to Doughnuts that you can BUILD one for a 1/3rd of what they are going to charge you for that "thing".

I am sure it's a solid piece of kit, but for what is going to amount as a healthy down payment on tuition for one of the Little Ones, it damn well BETTER BE.... LOL

JD

I'm surprised that the guy with 3 Nighthawk Customs would make a statement like this. You and I both know that money talks and all else walks.

I was quoted about $2800 before optics for a Milspec, 18" barreled Crazy Horse with a Cali compensator, gas lock front sight and 1913 Tri-rail.

Their quality of components is second to none. The double lugged LRB receiver blows all other receivers out of the water. The gas system has been worked over to perfection and SEI holds a patent on it. The deep thermal cycling means that it will hold up to rapid fire type abuse for years to come. Every component is also hand fit.

The price really isn't too much more than what you pay for a lesser M1A/M14 when you consider the much greater amount of care and quality of materials that have gone into them.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Old 01-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #16

There is no question that money does talk, but there is a point where you are reinventing the wheel, for the sake of doing it.

I'm just saying, for that kind of money, we are talking a lot of platforms out there that will do the same thing.

If you have your heart set on it, then I say go for it, you only go around once in life and you should be happy with your choices.

But, after 3 pages of write up, for them not to even QUOTE a price without sending them an e-mail? If they are THAT proud of it, they would let you know up front what it costs, now they have nothing in print and can change the price at any time they feel like it.

I would double check that price since the recent inflation value of all "military" rifles with the ban pending.

I hope you get exactly what you want and it performs as advertised, or better, for you.

JD

EDIT: And as an after thought - I owned ZERO Nighthawks until I met the people from Nighthawk at SHOT, talked to them, understood where they came from and what they were trying to accomplish with their company. In addition, I played with 6 pistols that day at the booth, and the two I thought for SURE I wanted to buy, weren't any of the three I ended up with....

Last edited by Dillinger; 01-12-2009 at 11:56 PM.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
There is no question that money does talk, but there is a point where you are reinventing the wheel, for the sake of doing it.

I'm just saying, for that kind of money, we are talking a lot of platforms out there that will do the same thing.

If you have your heart set on it, then I say go for it, you only go around once in life and you should be happy with your choices.

But, after 3 pages of write up, for them not to even QUOTE a price without sending them an e-mail? If they are THAT proud of it, they would let you know up front what it costs, now they have nothing in print and can change the price at any time they feel like it.

I would double check that price since the recent inflation value of all "military" rifles with the ban pending.

I hope you get exactly what you want and it performs as advertised, or better, for you.

JD

EDIT: And as an after thought - I owned ZERO Nighthawks until I met the people from Nighthawk at SHOT, talked to them, understood where they came from and what they were trying to accomplish with their company. In addition, I played with 6 pistols that day at the booth, and the two I thought for SURE I wanted to buy, weren't any of the three I ended up with....
There are zero California legal semi auto, magazine fed rifles chambered in 7.62x51 available that I can still legally use high capacity magazines for. Even those that come remotely close won't make accurate shots out to and past 800 meters.

I'm headed back to work here shortly. I'm gonna' save up my pennies for a Nighthawk Enforcer after getting the SEI M14. Surprisingly, my wife had no objection to the idea of buying another pistol. Maybe she just didn't know what they sell for.

Roger Waters

Old 01-13-2009, 01:25 AM   #18

1) That is a hell of a nice piece, I have checked it out myself.

If you are going to buy one, contact my friend george@migunslingers.com

Best prices on the market for the Nighthawk. Trust me on this. George is a great guy and will treat you right.

JD

Old 01-13-2009, 01:35 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
1) That is a hell of a nice piece, I have checked it out myself.

If you are going to buy one, contact my friend george@migunslingers.com

Best prices on the market for the Nighthawk. Trust me on this. George is a great guy and will treat you right.

JD
Can he/will he get Cali spec'ed pieces?

Roger Waters

Old 01-13-2009, 01:54 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Can he/will he get Cali spec'ed pieces?
George can get anything Nighthawk has, and a few other makers as well - and he is a dealer, but he sells for very little over his price because he moves units to keep his Class III active. It pays for his own personal "habits" :-)

When I got my woman her thin lined Talon, I had him order it from the factory directly as spec'd out and it took about 4 weeks....

JD