Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Rifle Picture thread.....lets see em:)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 05:52 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Her's what happens when I mix Krylon and a 12 pack.........(Better pick of the stock on my hog smackin M14)

FTR.... I don't mix guns and alcohol. I'm just foolin........

Grunt

Last edited by fragout; 05-19-2009 at 05:56 AM.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:29 AM   #22

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragout View Post
Thanks brother. I was droolin all over the keyboard while checkin out your collection.. ( Sweet lookin paint on your M14's!) Been thinkin bout paintin up the metal on one of mine. So far, I just been paintin up synthetic stocks.....
Here's the results of one of my "Krylon/6-pack specials".........

Big M14 fan here!

The M1 Carbine stock is a Ramline. Fun to shoot for the whole family.
My wife is recovering from a shoulder surgery, so she cant blast away with her M1A quite yet. She is pullin the trigger on the 10-22, and the M1Carbine till it heals up some more.

Water logged bullets aint much fun.....
Your's looks like they be gettin baked out in that sun. (Rumor has it that UV rays can cause gun cancer. Send um to me and I'll see if I can save um for ya..........
Yeah, all of mine get baked in the sun, bro. Ha. That is why I use light colors. Keeps them cool in the dez.

I had one of my parkerized USGI M14 mags, and one that I had painted tan laying on the ground in the sun a couple of years ago. Picked up the tan one and it was fine. Then grabbed the parked one and almost branded myself. Hilarious, but such a difference. I paint almost everything now. Guns, scopes, stocks, binos, spotting scopes, tripods. They all get painted. Makes them easier to use, and they are all just tools anyway. I came home with my brand new Yamaha ATV a couple of years ago, drove it off the trailer and started masking off the areas that needed to be painted. Anything black got painted "Coyote", which works in the dez and still fits in with the terrain in Utah where we hunt.

I hope your wife's shoulder heals fast. Thanks for your offer of "chemo" for my guns. I'll keep you posted. Your Krylon job looks a lot like my B&C stock on one of my sporterized 1917's (in Coyote).

Old 05-24-2009, 02:50 AM   #23

wow you guys have nice collections!!! i hope to have just a fraction of what you guys have one day. cool thread! any more? i dont have any yet maybe it wont be too much longer for my first rifle

Old 05-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

pic of my S&W on the first trip out to sight it in.. I will get some pics of the others later today

Old 05-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Rifles? No, I dont like loud noises. I don't own any. Pistols? No, they are too dangerous. Shotguns? Too much recoil. You gun guys scare me. I do think I want an assault rifle AK 47 with a barrel shroud though, or maybe a saturday night special or a street sweeper.

Nice collections gents, I love the Garands. Colt, that is one helluva collection of black HDRs there. Good effort!

Old 05-25-2009, 12:22 AM   #26

Stag 2TL

Old 05-25-2009, 03:01 AM   #27

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01coltcolt View Post
M14sRock,
You have some nice paint schemes! Did you use Duracoat? I have been using duracoat a lot lately I love the stuff. Here is Snow grey dusted with black on a Armalite AR build I just finished.......

Hey 01ColtColt,

I did a similar scheme on my Colt Enhanced Stainless Commander. I melted all the edges, had Jim Hoag put on some decent sights (his fronts are machined on) and sandblasted the finish. Then a few years later I decided to Gun Kote it. But I was very low on both flat black and OD green. So I did the slide in OD and the frame in black. Then I used the last of the black and dusted the slide and baked the whole thing. It turned out pretty good and has held up well. Did it about 4 years ago. I'll probably strip the frame and do it again in a much lighter color, but leave the slide as is. What do you think?

Old 05-30-2009, 05:01 AM   #28

You all sure do have some purty rifles. If I can figure this picture thing out I will show a couple of mine.....

1903-a3.jpg   bushmaster-m4a3.jpg   l1a1.jpg   m1-garand.jpg   mossberg-m-42.jpg  

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take every thing you have.
Thomas Jefferson

US Army Retired / Postal Employee
NRA Endowment Member
Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Old 05-30-2009, 05:09 AM   #29

Here are a couple more. Sorry about the picture size of some of those and these below.

I've got a few more than the ones I've shown, maybe another time after I can reduce the size of all the pictures.

remington-700-vtr.jpg   russiam-m-44.jpg   savage-93r17.jpg   vz-24.jpg  

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take every thing you have.
Thomas Jefferson

US Army Retired / Postal Employee
NRA Endowment Member
Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Old 06-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #30

Likes Given: 2

My God, i've never seen so many M14's in one place in my life, save some for everyone else!!

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST