Rifle Picture thread.....lets see em:) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Rifle Picture thread.....lets see em:)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
/DSC02570.jpg[/IMG]
M14sRock,
You have some nice paint schemes! Did you use Duracoat? I have been using duracoat a lot lately I love the stuff. Here is Snow grey dusted with black on a Armalite AR build I just finished.......

Old 05-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshX3Magazine View Post
I admit I was wondering why nobody ever thought to make a thread like this. But boy I'm glad someone finally did! I think half the fun of owning firearms and being around firearms is LOOKING at bad-ass firearms.

But that's just me...

Anyways...

1. GSG-5 with point sight

2. Hi-Point 9mm carbine with ATI stock and point sight

3. DPMS AR-15

4. Romanian WASR 7.62x39

I also have a Ruger Mini-14 NRA that I'll have to get a picture of later...
No one posted for 3 days. I thought it was a good idea. I like showing off my work and seeing other peoples firearms. It gives me ideas and well I just enjoy looking at guns..............

Old 05-16-2009, 06:02 PM   #13

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01coltcolt View Post
M14sRock,
You have some nice paint schemes! Did you use Duracoat? I have been using duracoat a lot lately I love the stuff. Here is Snow grey dusted with black on a Armalite AR build I just finished.......

Thanks. Mostly Aluma Hyde 2 (epoxy based) on anything that can't be baked. On the metal, I usually use Gun Kote. Both from Brownells. The AH2 takes a couple of weeks to dry, and will keep drying for months. Then it is like armor plate.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:39 PM   #14

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Kudos to everyone!!

Some great guns and some great taste and talent!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-17-2009, 12:24 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I lost all my firearms in a boating accident - I sure do miss them.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-17-2009, 03:18 AM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

There are WAY too many fancy rifles in this thread. Let's "butch" it up a bit....

Old 05-17-2009, 03:27 AM   #17

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Not a thing wrong with an old warrior SGT!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-19-2009, 05:08 AM   #18

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Some pretty sweet guns ladies and gentleman. Had a boating accident myself, but dove in after um. Here's what I recovered..........

Top to bottom....
Norinco M14S ( Bone stock except for the flash hider and synthetic stock.
M1A Bush rifle ( Factory built with USGI parts minus bbl/receiver.
M1A SocomII ( Stripped off all them funky rails, and turned it into a handy brush gun for my oldest boy.)

My wife's M1A Bush rifle

My favorite hog dumpin stick ( Custom built M14. Norinco M14S receiver, Criterion 18.5in chrome lined tube, a mix of USGI/Norinco/Sadlak parts, sportin an SEI front end, and topped off with an ARMS #18 split rail mount, and whatever optics I decide to run with at any given time...if any.

Top to bottom....
M121 Bennelli 12ga semiauto brush clearin device. ( Lots more fun than a weed eater)
A couple of ruger 10-22's ( small game getter/plinker/all around cost saver/ easy on the wallet/shoulder saver guns)
M1 Carbine ( Well........dang......USGI 30rd bullet holders to keep the lead a flyin)

I nearly drowned attempting to save the others. (Stupid place to leave a rock stickin up outa the water. It jumped right out in front of me...FTR...) Most likely the same rock that RL 357mag hit. AR-7's float ya know!

Grunt

Old 05-19-2009, 05:27 AM   #19

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragout View Post
Some pretty sweet guns ladies and gentleman. Had a boating accident myself, but dove in after um. Here's what I recovered..........

Top to bottom....
Norinco M14S ( Bone stock except for the flash hider and synthetic stock.
M1A Bush rifle ( Factory built with USGI parts minus bbl/receiver.
M1A SocomII ( Stripped off all them funky rails, and turned it into a handy brush gun for my oldest boy.)

My wife's M1A Bush rifle

My favorite hog dumpin stick ( Custom built M14. Norinco M14S receiver, Criterion 18.5in chrome lined tube, a mix of USGI/Norinco/Sadlak parts, sportin an SEI front end, and topped off with an ARMS #18 split rail mount, and whatever optics I decide to run with at any given time...if any.

Top to bottom....
M121 Bennelli 12ga semiauto brush clearin device. ( Lots more fun than a weed eater)
A couple of ruger 10-22's ( small game getter/plinker/all around cost saver/ easy on the wallet/shoulder saver guns)
M1 Carbine ( Well........dang......USGI 30rd bullet holders to keep the lead a flyin)

I nearly drowned attempting to save the others. (Stupid place to leave a rock stickin up outa the water. It jumped right out in front of me...FTR...) Most likely the same rock that RL 357mag hit. AR-7's float ya know!
Once they get wet like that they are nothing but trouble anymore. I'll pick them all up and salvage what I can AND only charge you a nominal fee for the effort, OK?

Seriously though, I had a carbine with that stock (Ramline?) on it and loved the way it pointed.

You got some nice sticks!

Old 05-19-2009, 05:45 AM   #20

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Once they get wet like that they are nothing but trouble anymore. I'll pick them all up and salvage what I can AND only charge you a nominal fee for the effort, OK?

Seriously though, I had a carbine with that stock (Ramline?) on it and loved the way it pointed.

You got some nice sticks!
Thanks brother. I was droolin all over the keyboard while checkin out your collection.. ( Sweet lookin paint on your M14's!) Been thinkin bout paintin up the metal on one of mine. So far, I just been paintin up synthetic stocks.....
Here's the results of one of my "Krylon/6-pack specials".........

Big M14 fan here!

The M1 Carbine stock is a Ramline. Fun to shoot for the whole family.
My wife is recovering from a shoulder surgery, so she cant blast away with her M1A quite yet. She is pullin the trigger on the 10-22, and the M1Carbine till it heals up some more.

Water logged bullets aint much fun.....
Your's looks like they be gettin baked out in that sun. (Rumor has it that UV rays can cause gun cancer. Send um to me and I'll see if I can save um for ya..........

Grunt