Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Respect for brownells goes down 3 notches

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
It sure would be nice if law makers were forced to do some fact-checking before introducing a bill. "Legislating while ignorant" should be a crime.

Ignorance isn't limited to legislators, though. The SCOTUS upheld NFA out of ignorance and folks have been paying through the nose +$200 tax stamp ever since.
That would be nice but I guess it's just too much work for them, I mean, they have to determine whether or not pizza is a vegetable so they have their hands full at the moment...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 11-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
That would be nice but I guess it's just too much work for them, I mean, they have to determine whether or not pizza is a vegetable so they have their hands full at the moment...
People should be more compassionate; Pizza's feelings might be hurt by such language. The proper term is "persistant vegetative state", not simply "vegetable".

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #13

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
People should be more compassionate; Pizza's feelings might be hurt by such language. The proper term is "persistant vegetative state", not simply "vegetable".
You're right...my bad!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 11-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #14

what a funny picture you have, vincent....LOL

Old 11-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1074 Times on 695 Posts
Likes Given: 2000

Those shows don't represent the average gun owner, but I still think those shows are good for gun rights. It lets the average person see that not everyone that owns a gun is a serial killer, drug dealer, or paranoid militant. When you look at all the "reality" shows out there, I think those shows definitely make gun owners look better than many other groups that are represented in other shows. Notice you don't see crack heads and whores walking into those shops to buy guns.

I think many of the reality shows now are helping to demystify guns for a lot of people that have never handled them. I've really been amazed by the number of people that I hear saying positive things about guns and even hunting because of shows like those mentioned and other shows like pawn stars and swamp people. I just wish safety was stressed a little more. I do worry about those same people when they start thinking about buying a gun.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #16

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

yup...maybe these shows are produced by antis to deliberately put gun owners in a bad light...same with some of the moronic hunting shows.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:56 PM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19982 Times on 11360 Posts
Likes Given: 50403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

Because they are carrying the products produced by the morons on the show?

If so, I am in your camp. I think that show is COMPLETELY the wrong face to be putting on the "gun owners" of America and is, instead, a shinning example of too much money and crazy, over the top ridiculiousness.

When a lead into the show has the following dialogue; "My husband got me this .50 cal Desert Eagle but I don't like shooting it because of the recoil" and the resulting "fix" was fabricate a stock to make it a short barreled rifle, you have officially reached the "douchebag, look at how dumb we can be" stage.

That show is going to go a long ways towards ruining the image of responsible and "sane" gun ownership.

JD
i agree too. if people think this is what the average gunowner is like, then they are more a liability than an asset to our cause. i'm curious, what husband buys a 50 AE Desert Eagle for his wife? let me rephrase that, what idiot buys a 50 DE for his wife? then on top of that, through some slick editing, they try to make out like the daughter test-fired that pistol, when if you slow motion it, it wasn't even the 50 DE! so if through editing and false claims and stupid s&%t, they are not doing us any favors.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Both of those shows aggravate me. Those shows along w/ those bump fire stocks portray a horrible picture and have been set backs.

Have any of you watched those hog hunting shows w/ the girls or the old man and his kids? More BS brought to you via the TV.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5308 Times on 2772 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Both of those shows aggravate me. Those shows along w/ those bump fire stocks portray a horrible picture and have been set backs.

Have any of you watched those hog hunting shows w/ the girls or the old man and his kids? More BS brought to you via the TV.
its disgusting. they show closeups of that geezer's mouth and its a freekin train wreck.

even gary says no

im suprised their dogs dont look like their owner

they got another one now called lady hoggers. features two women with FF sized fake boobs chasing pigs.

all the fake drama is nauseating.

there is no way they can really make a business off of catching one or two hogs a day lol

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1074 Times on 695 Posts
Likes Given: 2000

"they got another one now called lady hoggers. features two women with FF sized fake boobs chasing pigs."

What time does it come on?
What is there not to like about two women with FF sized fake boobs chasing pigs? It's like mud wrestling but better.

There is nothing real about any of the "reality" shows out there. Do a little research on Gold Rush or whatever it's called. All of the shows add a lot of BS to create drama. I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I still think those shows are a net gain for gun owners. The alternative would be all of the truly fictional shows that always portray gun owners as either bad guys, military, or cops. Normal fictional TV shows make it seem as though only bad guys or highly trained government employees who's job it is to protect us have guns. Normal TV never even mentions that there are regular people that have guns. These shows show that a large variety of people have guns, and that guns aren't so dangerous that only specially trained government employees are the ones that should have them.