Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   Respect for brownells goes down 3 notches (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/respect-brownells-goes-down-3-notches-52272/)

JonM 11-23-2011 03:15 AM

Respect for brownells goes down 3 notches

*sigh*

Brownells Search : Search Results for "red jacket firearms" - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS

Dillinger 11-23-2011 02:51 PM

:confused:

Because they are carrying the products produced by the morons on the show?

If so, I am in your camp. I think that show is COMPLETELY the wrong face to be putting on the "gun owners" of America and is, instead, a shinning example of too much money and crazy, over the top ridiculiousness.

When a lead into the show has the following dialogue; "My husband got me this .50 cal Desert Eagle but I don't like shooting it because of the recoil" and the resulting "fix" was fabricate a stock to make it a short barreled rifle, you have officially reached the "douchebag, look at how dumb we can be" stage.

That show is going to go a long ways towards ruining the image of responsible and "sane" gun ownership.

JD

kusterleXD 11-23-2011 03:14 PM

I agree, I watched the first couple of episodes and quickly became disgusted with it. Same for the show American Guns. Dude spent over $15,000 on a blinged out 1911 for his wife as an anniversary present. Makes me sick that these shows portray gun owners in that manner.

BlueTurf 11-23-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 634173)

If so, I am in your camp. I think that show is COMPLETELY the wrong face to be putting on the "gun owners" of America and is, instead, a shinning example of too much money and crazy, over the top ridiculiousness.

When a lead into the show has the following dialogue; "My husband got me this .50 cal Desert Eagle but I don't like shooting it because of the recoil" and the resulting "fix" was fabricate a stock to make it a short barreled rifle, you have officially reached the "douchebag, look at how dumb we can be" stage.

That show is going to go a long ways towards ruining the image of responsible and "sane" gun ownership.

JD

Dillinger, I am sure glad you said that because this is exactly what I think. The show can be entertaining but it is unrealistic as far as depicting the average American gunowner. Most of us couldn't afford the guns and ammo they use on the show. I am a real gun enthusiast but I don't believe in waving my guns around.

lonewolf101 11-23-2011 04:21 PM

Just like all these reailty show today you watch a few shows then get tired of the all the stupid BS!

JonM 11-23-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 634173)

JD

That is exactly why. Tossing in with those idiots on a faked up drama show which portrays gunowners as morons boggles my mind.

Soon as i get a grip on my thoughts and dont come off as a cranked off nut im gonna send em a email

Dillinger 11-23-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueTurf (Post 634216)
Dillinger, I am sure glad you said that because this is exactly what I think. The show can be entertaining but it is unrealistic as far as depicting the average American gunowner. Most of us couldn't afford the guns and ammo they use on the show. I am a real gun enthusiast but I don't believe in waving my guns around.

I think that is how most of the people on this board, and the people we interact with, feel.

Sure. It's cool that a guy can buy a decommissioned 20mm machine gun and pay thru the nose to import it, then license it and then have it re-built into a working model. But that guy represents .0000000001% of the gun owners out there and I am sure the rest of the population can probably out shoot him. :cool:

I think show is really in poor taste from the aspect of being over the top, completely cartoonish in what a "gun owner" would want to do with their arsenal short of winning the lottery.

Don't get me wrong, the people that go to the shop have married well or worked hard to attain a small fortune and want toys. That's great. I don't care how they spend their money.

But by the same token I don't want what they do with their cash to represent me and what I do with mine to the masses.

Just because a hollywood starlet becomes a coke whore and a train wreck doesn't mean that all actors/actresses are like that, right?

I think it's more in your face with this subject just merely because there is so much ignorance about the firearms in question and the community that holds them.

Just google "barrel shroud interview" to get an accurate representation of how the Left is "informed" about what we own.

It's not pretty and this show is going to educate people in the WRONG way about us.

YMMV - but I hope not. :o

JD

vincent 11-23-2011 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I saw that barrel shroud interview, along with the heat seeking bullets interview and the unloaded guns kill people interview. My.02 to the anti gunners below...

SSGSF 11-23-2011 04:59 PM

I think the biggest joke about the show is that they are always reinventing the wheel and think that they are the first ones ever to do it like the time they put a shotgun under a m 4 or the time mounted a m240 onto a helicopter last time I look the military did those things over 30 years ago or there opening statement that they say you will go to jail if you try this at home no jackass all I need do to is get an ffl and follow all the laws they set forth

bkt 11-23-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent (Post 634236)
I saw that barrel shroud interview, along with the heat seeking bullets interview and the unloaded guns kill people interview. My.02 to the anti gunners below...

It sure would be nice if law makers were forced to do some fact-checking before introducing a bill. "Legislating while ignorant" should be a crime.

Ignorance isn't limited to legislators, though. The SCOTUS upheld NFA out of ignorance and folks have been paying through the nose +$200 tax stamp ever since.