Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Reccomend a .223

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 07:31 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
junho806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 909
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
Gentlemen, i've takin the first and most important step:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Double_Star_Corp_Star-15_AR15_.223_Lower_Receiver.html

Ordered.
very nice!
keep us updated and remember...
YOU CAN DO IT!!


i also recommend the trigger kit from this site
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=369265
i'll even let you use my membership so you get that membership discount

and i happen to have a 5 dollar off shipping coupon as well
__________________

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent


Last edited by junho806; 11-05-2008 at 07:37 PM.
junho806 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junho806 View Post
very nice!
keep us updated and remember...
YOU CAN DO IT!!


i also recommend the trigger kit from this site
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=369265
i'll even let you use my membership so you get that membership discount

and i happen to have a 5 dollar off shipping coupon as well
I appreciate it very much!

I had some good conversation with Dillinger a month or so back. I'm gonna go with one of the Delton 16" kits. They look great and u can pick and choose everything!

The only thing I know i'll need are "special" tools, what would I need? where did you get yours?
__________________
Vertiviper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:03 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
junho806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 909
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
I appreciate it very much!

I had some good conversation with Dillinger a month or so back. I'm gonna go with one of the Delton 16" kits. They look great and u can pick and choose everything!

The only thing I know i'll need are "special" tools, what would I need? where did you get yours?
ah very nice
i personally have
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=207847
http://www.del-ton.com/Lower_Receiver_Vice_Block_p/tl1011.htm
and a decent table vice and hammer
i felt a 16 ounce hammer worked very well

if youre thinking about building more than one AR-15 i would recommend you go ahead and buy all the tools above
if not i would be willing to let you borrow mine
just as long as you return them of course
__________________

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

junho806 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junho806 View Post
ah very nice
i personally have
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=207847
http://www.del-ton.com/Lower_Receiver_Vice_Block_p/tl1011.htm
and a decent table vice and hammer
i felt a 16 ounce hammer worked very well

if youre thinking about building more than one AR-15 i would recommend you go ahead and buy all the tools above
if not i would be willing to let you borrow mine
just as long as you return them of course
I think it's safe to say i'd return them...afterall, you're the one with the built AR! lol
__________________
Vertiviper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:22 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
junho806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 909
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
I think it's safe to say i'd return them...afterall, you're the one with the built AR! lol
yeah man just tell when ever you have all the pieces
they're kinda heavy though and i'd ask you to pay for the shipping haha
actually in that case the shipping might cost just as much as buying the tools

its up to you
__________________

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

junho806 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:41 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junho806 View Post
yeah man just tell when ever you have all the pieces
they're kinda heavy though and i'd ask you to pay for the shipping haha
actually in that case the shipping might cost just as much as buying the tools

its up to you
I was just kidding around Thanks though.
__________________
Vertiviper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:39 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Recon 173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 191
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I would suggest that you start off with a 20 inch upper FLATTOP assembly and use a detachable bipod for your starter rifle. Don't forget to have a rear sight that you can put on or remove as you desire and you probably should have some sort of rifle scope or red dot for your piece too.

Later on go to a 16 inch barrel or upper assembly for your rifle. Then you have TWO uppers working off of one lower assembly.

If you keep adding upper assemblies and buying lower assemblies before long all those ARs and M-4 clones will start breeding in your gun safe and you'll end up like me with 5 of the things hiding in the shadows. The M-4 clones and ARs are just so much fun and so darned flexible that they become addictive...

Hello. My name is ________ and I am an AR-15 junkie. Before long you'll be going to ARs Anonymous like me....

__________________
Recon 173 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
stalkingbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lebanon,Ky
Posts: 3,621
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

I'm in shock about how much places are charging for out of state transfers. I still remember back when I charged 10$. And now only charge 20$.

__________________
stalkingbear is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:54 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I'm in shock about how much places are charging for out of state transfers. I still remember back when I charged 10$. And now only charge 20$.
That's crazy man.

I still haven't recieved my lower, last I heard they are on back order "until further notice". Needless to say i've gone ahead and put my name on the list at my local shop for a complete rifle, we'll see if this speeds the process up a little bit.
__________________
Vertiviper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:13 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
matt g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,885
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I'm in shock about how much places are charging for out of state transfers. I still remember back when I charged 10$. And now only charge 20$.
Dealers around here want $50 to $75.
__________________

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

matt g is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
What would you reccomend Daryl Pelfrey 1911 Forum 8 04-27-2009 01:40 AM
Reccomend a Shot Gun... Vertiviper General Shotgun Discussion 36 04-03-2009 02:40 AM