Reccomend a .223 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Reccomend a .223

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 02:37 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Guys - Meet the newest member of the Black Rifle Club. Our good member Vertiviper is undertaking his first build of an AR platform and will be ordering his first parts in the coming weeks.

How about a little encouragement for the Right of 2A and the American Spirit of Building It Yourself???

JD
Thanks!

I can't wait..i'm actually heading to my local shop to order two Stag stripped Lowers this week...one extra as insurance in case our rights change next year.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Good for you - and a wise move I must say. Who knows what fool will end up in office, what their new policies will be, or even if we will have a chance to get to the election the way the market is crashing.

JD

Old 10-06-2008, 01:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
Thanks!

I can't wait..i'm actually heading to my local shop to order two Stag stripped Lowers this week...one extra as insurance in case our rights change next year.
You made a good choice with the Stag - in my opinion. I bought an assembled Stag 2T and modified it a bit with some add ons. Sweet gun and fun to shoot.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #14

I'm finding the toughest part of this whole build is finding a FFL that won't rape me on transfer charges.

The cheapest shop around me charges $55 to recieve the Stripped Lower. And another shop has a Bushmaster Stripped Lower for $250....YES..A STRIPPED LOWER ONLY!!

I'm really debating just buying one prebuilt...but that's no fun. I may have to take a drive to find someplace cheaper within the state (oh right, then it'll cost me in gas, lol)

I think i need to bite the bullet on this one (no pun).

Old 10-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #15

Wow! $55 to receive a stripped lower and run in through the books? That seems like a bit of rape there to me. The most EXPENSIVE shop around here that I have heard of charges $45, and they are a small store front that doesn't move many pieces.

We charge $35, as it's just to do the paperwork and run it through the books and out the door. Most shops are $35-$40.

Sorry Brother - You can pay for the whole build, and get what the kit includes, or you can take in the shorts and get input on each and every piece. That does suck though....

JD

Old 10-14-2008, 02:11 AM   #16

My favorite .223 lead slinger is a accurized Ruger Mini 14.
I bought mine cause I always loved the REAL M 14 and thought I would never afford one! Well I now have both an M1a and the LRB M14 and I gave the Mini to the wife. She loves it and I do too! I have to beg her tho to let me pop off a 30 rd mag once in a while!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"We must indeed hang together or assuredly we will all hang seperately."
Ben Franklin

"Those who would make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin

Old 10-16-2008, 06:16 PM   #17
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1233 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 589

[QUOTE=Vertiviper;44345]I'm finding the toughest part of this whole build is finding a FFL that won't rape me on transfer charges.

The cheapest shop around me charges $55 to recieve the Stripped Lower. And another shop has a Bushmaster Stripped Lower for $250....YES..A STRIPPED LOWER ONLY!!

That is highway robbery,my local dealer only charges $25 to transfer anything I have sent to him. I would check with some other gun shops in the area. It really doesn't matter what brand of lower you get as long as it is a mil spec lower,and most of the lowers on the market are mill spec and I see them from $100-150 at every gunshow in Dallas-Ft.Worth. You just pay more for the brand name that is on them. The DPMS lower that I bought was $120 and I could have got a no name for $109 or a Rock River for $140. Just look around and you can find some good deals.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #18

[QUOTE=Txhillbilly;45615]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
I'm finding the toughest part of this whole build is finding a FFL that won't rape me on transfer charges.

That is highway robbery,my local dealer only charges $25 to transfer anything I have sent to him. I would check with some other gun shops in the area. It really doesn't matter what brand of lower you get as long as it is a mil spec lower,and most of the lowers on the market are mill spec and I see them from $100-150 at every gunshow in Dallas-Ft.Worth. You just pay more for the brand name that is on them. The DPMS lower that I bought was $120 and I could have got a no name for $109 or a Rock River for $140. Just look around and you can find some good deals.

I've been to three shops and they all charge abour $50 for the lower. One of the shops had an assembled mil spec Lower with buttstock for $265..all it needs is a complete upper...i'm debating it.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:00 PM   #19

Gentlemen, i've takin the first and most important step:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Double_Star_Corp_Star-15_AR15_.223_Lower_Receiver.html

Ordered.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #20

Congrats. With the bombshell of last night it was probably the best move at the best time while it's still "legal" for you to do so.

Welcome to the Black Rifle Club...