Quick Help!! Century Arms G3??? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Quick Help!! Century Arms G3???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 12:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

I would still like to get one, just not for $900, I can't justify that kind of money for anything that says century arms on the side of it.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 11-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #12

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
I would still like to get one, just not for $900, I can't justify that kind of money for anything that says century arms on the side of it.
$900.00?? Century has them listed at $615.00! My dealer charges a $15.00 transfer fee. I buy it, he receives it and does the paperwork. BTW, The receivers are made by a company other than Century. Simple stamped steel. Century adds the parts and barrels.
Do you have a PSL yet? Aim has them on the cheap!

Old 11-26-2009, 05:15 AM   #13

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
$900.00?? Century has them listed at $615.00! My dealer charges a $15.00 transfer fee. I buy it, he receives it and does the paperwork. BTW, The receivers are made by a company other than Century. Simple stamped steel. Century adds the parts and barrels.
Do you have a PSL yet? Aim has them on the cheap!
I just meant that was what i was getting duped into paying in trade, that's why i backed out.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 11-29-2009, 07:52 AM   #14

DrGonzo:

That guy's rifle might have had some problems. If he has such a great rifle for the price, then he should not have been so frustrated with you, should he? A really good rifle for the price can sell in the right market location/conditions.

A guy on another website stated that he worked at Century and the worst problems they had were with the Hesse receiver CETMEs.

Complaints about many older CETMEs were so numerous on about seven websites, along with problems reloading the brass (economically), that I decided to be honest with myself and plan on getting an M-1 Garand from the CMP this winter/spring instead.
After standing in the E and F Company fox holes outside Bastogne, Belgium last spring on a guided tour, the motivation to buy The classic US semi-auto battle rifle began to grow on me.

Just beginning to learn reloading (no gear yet) combined with being still a bit of a novice with guns, the CETME situation appears to have far too many potential hang-ups, except for people quite experienced with .308 or other semi-auto 'battle rifles'.

Last edited by Laufer; 11-29-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laufer View Post
Just beginning to learn reloading (no gear yet) combined with being still a bit of a novice with guns, the CETME situation appears to have far too many potential hang-ups, except for people quite experienced with .308 or other semi-auto 'battle rifles'.
I've been looking at cetme's for a few years now. I'll eventually get one. They can be very reliable and very easy to maintain. You just need to make sure the headspacing is within the somewhat tight tolerance needed. The toughest part about one is the cost of ammo these days.