question about owniing assualt weapon in the USA. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > question about owniing assualt weapon in the USA.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Hitler was the one that coined the term "assualt rifle" or "assault weapon" and it referred to selective fire weapons. That's why almost all of our rifles are NOT assault rifles, but instead para military style rifles. As long as you're not a criminal, been convicted of a felony, or 1 with mental sickness, or having proven to be violent, you may currently own as many as you can afford. With our new *UGH* president, the assault weapons ban will soon be reinstated.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
...Kalifornia is not a part of America any longer. It was granted independence as the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.
Of course, he is using sarcasm to make a point. California is not literally a new country, just metaphorically. Please remember, our original poster is from China and may not get some of our more subtle points...

California has some screwed up laws that allow criminals to do what they want, but law-abiding citizens are left high and dry.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Perhaps wishful thinking on my part or maybe prophetic, only time will tell.

Very few jurisdictions place restrictions on the ownership of semi-automatic weapons, regardless of their cosmetic appearance.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #14

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

I'm curious to have hunter answer the same question about semi-auto rifles in China. Can you walk in to a gun shop and buy an AR-15 off the shelf? What restrictions are in place there?

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-03-2009, 06:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gestapo Hunter View Post
wow this thing confusing....
Yes, it can be confusing.

Personally I use "assault weapon" in its military context, a weapon capable of fully automatic fire. In the US citizens can own fully automatic weapons if they are registered with the feds and you pay the "tax stamp".

What the anti-gun folks and the media call "assault weapons", what we around here have taken to calling Sport Utility Rifles, SURs :-), are simply semi-automatics that are modeled on or look somewhat like something the military might have --- e.g. the AR-15 modeled on the M-16. The antis want to ban things because they have some feature(s) that they think may "look" military e.g. pistol grips, collapsible stocks, flash suppressors, etc. They are stupid definitions but then antis are stupid so I guess it works for them.

A few states, very few actually, have restrictions on some types of firearms and some even have registration --- as I recall most don't. In my state, Florida, the only restrictions are the normal federal automatic weapons restrictions and the stupid 3 day waiting period (which is waived if you have a license to carry concealed); we do not have any registration or limits on the number of weapons -- you can buy or own the number you can afford (or since the election the type and number you can find in the stores :-)

Yes, its all very confusing :-)

---------------------------
John - Miami
KJ4NSE
Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | GCA | ARRL
Why would God invent a thing like Whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 AM   #16

Assault Weapons are rarely used for such. I think most are used for plinking, target shooting, defending homes etc. Very few people in the US mount "assaults" with these guns. And the majority of people who DO mount assaults are drug gangs or FBI or Govt sponsored. Not the general population. The media has done an incredible job of subjective reporting on these guns. Give them credit. Hitler would be proud of the US propaganda machine.

Handgun of Choice-Sig X5 Competition
Rifle of Choice- FS2000

http://cueandcushion.com

Old 03-17-2009, 04:38 AM   #17

I don't think you're going to find someone in Shanghai China having access to a gun forum, naming himself "Gestapo Hunter" . . .

Access online in China is tightly censored, monitored. The avatar alone would get a Chinese national hanged or shot.

You're feeding the troll.

Last edited by SlamFire; 03-17-2009 at 04:40 AM.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:13 AM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

+6 Slamfire, you nailed that one.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:56 AM   #19

Interesting, restrictions on a SUR in the States. Who would have thought.
Especially the separating of "assault rifles" and look a likes. why not just get the real thing?
(says smug me stroking my SIG57)
As to Hitler penning the name assault rifle, sorry ol' Addie had forbidden the construction of the MP44 do not forget he was a infantry man in big bang 1
and pretty conservative as to what you need to shoot people. Only when it was sold to him as a Sturmgewehr a storm rifle did he allow manafacture.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer View Post
Interesting, restrictions on a SUR in the States. Who would have thought.
Especially the separating of "assault rifles" and look a likes. why not just get the real thing?
(says smug me stroking my SIG57)
As to Hitler penning the name assault rifle, sorry ol' Addie had forbidden the construction of the MP44 do not forget he was a infantry man in big bang 1
and pretty conservative as to what you need to shoot people. Only when it was sold to him as a Sturmgewehr a storm rifle did he allow manafacture.
I heard different... I read somewhere that he had okayed it only after someone telling him it was a machine pistol, with emphasis on the pistol part. Can't remember where I read this... maybe I heard it on the H-channel :\

Texas is where it's at!
Cheers,
Angry