Ptr 91?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Ptr 91?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 02:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ptr 91?

I'm considering picking up a PTR 91 SC. I'd probably run a 30mm 3X9 and hunt with it every now and again. Any owners here? Thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

PTR's have a good rep. Not quite an HK but far better than the run of the mill Century build. If you do not know how to check bolt gap, read up on that first to make sure the gun is proper. Any other tweaks are pretty easy/cheap.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
PTR's have a good rep. Not quite an HK but far better than the run of the mill Century build. If you do not know how to check bolt gap, read up on that first to make sure the gun is proper. Any other tweaks are pretty easy/cheap.
I have found them to be superior to the HK even. They are made on HK tooling but they tightened up the specs and went above and beyond. I owned a cetme and knew how the crap shoots. I also have a few thousand rounds on a HK 91 and the PTR. I found there to be less malfunctions with the PTR (1 out of 800) than the HK (1 out of 300), a faster rate of fire and the match grade thompson center barrel was deadly accurate.

You will not be dissapointed with the PTR. I want their Varmiteer in .243 very badly!

WCU Rugby!

Lucky Taurus Owner... 3 out of 3! PT1911/ PT92F/ 44 Raging Bull

Old 01-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I've been wanting the 16" ptr-91 for a long while now. I've done a lot of reading, and they seem to be the way to go, if you like the cetme/hk design. Now, if I can just find the money...