Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   ProMags for Minis: Good? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/promags-minis-good-19214/)

rodwhaincamo 10-16-2009 10:35 PM

ProMags for Minis: Good?
 
Found that ProMag makes 10 and 20 rnd mags for the Mini 6.8mm, which I'm really considering to be a great do all rifle including HD/SHTF. I've heard often that aftermarket mags for the Mini 14 are very poor. Does anyone know how these work out? Seems the more and more I ask around it's better to play the lottery in hopes of getting the funds for a gas piston AR.

M14sRock 10-16-2009 10:42 PM

The 30rd polymer Mini 14 mags work great. Lips might need some trimming to lock in, but no biggie.

I would not use their steel mags.

Not sure which ones they offer for the 6.8.

mrm14 10-17-2009 01:41 AM

My brother has a 6.8 mini and bought the promags 10 rounders and they work well.

M14sRock 10-18-2009 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrm14 (Post 174908)
My brother has a 6.8 mini and bought the promags 10 rounders and they work well.

Are they the polymer ones, or the steel? Are the steel ones heat treated?

mrm14 10-18-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M14sRock (Post 175235)
Are they the polymer ones, or the steel? Are the steel ones heat treated?

I beleive they are the steel ones. I'll have to call him to find out for sure. My brother just got them a short awhile ago. He says that he has run each of them a couple or so times times through his mini and they worked great so far.

M14sRock 10-18-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrm14 (Post 175316)
I beleive they are the steel ones. I'll have to call him to find out for sure. My brother just got them a short awhile ago. He says that he has run each of them a couple or so times times through his mini and they worked great so far.

Find out if you can. Some ProMag stuff is quite good, but other...Not so much.

I'm curious.

Laufer 11-04-2009 07:56 AM

The polymer 30-rd. Promag (bought in spring '08) never had any malfunction, although it was only loaded with 6-8 rounds, a few times twenty, to avoid using ammo too quickly. This might not be a true field test.

This is despite the fact that it wobbled each time after it was inserted.
My Mini 14 was more reliable than a buddy's WASR "AK clone".
He suffered either a misfeed or ejection glitch with only 100 rounds used.

mrm14 11-04-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M14sRock (Post 175330)
Find out if you can. Some ProMag stuff is quite good, but other...Not so much.

I'm curious.

Finally got in touch with my brother and he has the 10 round stel magazines.

dunerunner 11-04-2009 06:48 PM

Factory 20 and 30 round mags here Special Closeouts


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:42 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.