Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   please help me (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/please-help-me-77216/)

cakesterkiller 11-27-2012 04:56 PM

please help me

1 Attachment(s)
i just picked up an old century arms CETME rifle that's seen better days and I know nothing about it. I've been looking for an entry .308 for a while now and this seemed like to good a deal to pass on... i traded an old 870 for it straight across... if anybody knows where I can find the most parts in one place that would help alot im looking for stocks and rebuild kits for the most part also any optics options. i also heard from the guy i got it from that parts from H&K 91 & G3 rifles are interchangeable is this true?

trip286 11-27-2012 04:59 PM

I can offer no help. But I like your new rifle!!

StainlessSteel215 11-27-2012 05:12 PM

Sorry, no valuable input for you. Good looking rifle, may I ask what you picked it up for? I would love a rifle tac build project like this as well for an entry level 308.

Keep us updated as you clean it up and add extras!

cakesterkiller 11-27-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
Sorry, no valuable input for you. Good looking rifle, may I ask what you picked it up for? I would love a rifle tac build project like this as well for an entry level 308.

Keep us updated as you clean it up and add extras!

i traded an old Remington 870 for it straight across

JonM 11-27-2012 06:17 PM

Only thing i know about em is they are heavy and there is inch and metric lower recievers and the inch and metric mags arent interchangeable tween the two. Spare parts are also specific to the recievers in regards to pattern for some parts. So if you find spares make sure they fit your gun.

As to how to tell the diff i have no idea. The main reason i never got a fal is because of that inch/metric thing

cakesterkiller 11-27-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
Only thing i know about em is they are heavy and there is inch and metric lower recievers and the inch and metric mags arent interchangeable tween the two. Spare parts are also specific to the recievers in regards to pattern for some parts. So if you find spares make sure they fit your gun.

As to how to tell the diff i have no idea. The main reason i never got a fal is because of that inch/metric thing

this gun isn't anything like an FAL from what I can tell looks more like H&K than anything else... and its really light not much more than my AR

trip286 11-27-2012 07:15 PM

HK91 clone I believe. They are pretty similar to the FNFAL, but it's mostly in general appearance IIRC.

cakesterkiller 11-27-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286
HK91 clone I believe. They are pretty similar to the FNFAL, but it's mostly in general appearance IIRC.

do you know if the parts are interchangeable with the 91?

trip286 11-27-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakesterkiller (Post 1029378)
do you know if the parts are interchangeable with the 91?

I really don't know if there is a single part that is interchangeable. Maybe the butt stock and pistol grip? Maybe the mags? That's way beyond my knowledge of the platform.

They do LOOK very similar, but there are obvious differences. The two are about as similar in appearance as the Rem 700 is to the model 70. Actually, they look less similar than those two.

locutus 11-27-2012 08:40 PM

Actually, the HK91 vis a clone of the CETME.

Write to the NRA "dope Bag" section for parts and other info.