Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Plastic Fantastic?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

not a big polymer/plastic fan. But after using the M-16 for 8 years I see the use for it and he reason for having it. You can stick to your commie spray and pray stuff. I like accuracy and this platform will blow your commie junk out of the water.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #12

Liked 625 Times on 430 Posts
Likes Given: 620

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
not a big polymer/plastic fan. But after using the M-16 for 8 years I see the use for it and he reason for having it. You can stick to your commie spray and pray stuff. I like accuracy and this platform will blow your commie junk off.

No junk, no fight! I still like my AK74.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
not a big polymer/plastic fan. But after using the M-16 for 8 years I see the use for it and he reason for having it. You can stick to your commie spray and pray stuff. I like accuracy and this platform will blow your commie junk out of the water.
In fail to see how an SKS is spray and pray considering it is not a fully automatic weapon. It is the man not the gun that wins combat. If you like the ninja look and my comment offended you I apologize but that is what I think it looks like. Is it crap? Probably not. It is probably a damn fine crafted rifle and probably works great. My comment was about LOOKS not FUNCTION. PLus I personally feel secure using my SKS and AK because I've used them for a LOOOOONG time and i trust them. I'm not a fan of fixing what isn't broken.

So if you like the look and all that GREAT!!!! More power to you. But me personally I like what I trust...Wood and steel.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #14

Liked 625 Times on 430 Posts
Likes Given: 620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauser_man View Post
In fail to see how an SKS is spray and pray considering it is not a fully automatic weapon. It is the man not the gun that wins combat. If you like the ninja look and my comment offended you I apologize but that is what I think it looks like. Is it crap? Probably not. It is probably a damn fine crafted rifle and probably works great. My comment was about LOOKS not FUNCTION. PLus I personally feel secure using my SKS and AK because I've used them for a LOOOOONG time and i trust them. I'm not a fan of fixing what isn't broken.

So if you like the look and all that GREAT!!!! More power to you. But me personally I like what I trust...Wood and steel.
I shot a Russian SKS for years. It is a fine rifle, as is my AK74. I just wish I could reach out to 300+ yards w/ one and have pin point accuracy. Don't get me wrong the SKS is a great 200 meter rifle. I have a Bushmaster DCM that I bought just after Clinton took office. I am still waiting for some kind of failure. But, it has been 100% reliable. Not as easy as an AK to clean mind you, but still an impressive rifle. That spring twang in the buttstock does bug me still. We can do an East/West match when we go shooting. I have both in bolt guns and semi's. JP

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
You haven't shot too many AKs have you? Sure its not that accurate, but that wasn't what it was was intended for. The AK's beauty lies within its simple, rugged, reliable design. Those with experience using the AK 47 (or 74) know that although you can't print well on paper it will still "hit stuff" and is a very effective weapon in an almost magical way.

I won't claim much experience with an AR, but I'm sure they are great in their own way.