Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (
-   -   Para's Tactical Rifle (

matt g 11-09-2008 08:37 PM

Para's Tactical Rifle
Anyone seen anything else on this:

Yeah, it's another new school AR, but coming from Para, I'm finally interested.

freefall 11-09-2008 09:58 PM

Eeyaii. $2300! Sounds nice but I'll probably stay with my SKS. I'm just a by-the-hour plumber ya know.

Dillinger 11-10-2008 12:19 AM

It looks like a neat idea, but it's not exactly revolutionary. They dumped the buffer spring and buffer tube system and "invented" a way to incorporate an op rod driven, delayed blowback, gas fed system.

I am sure the thing will run like a champ - and it damn well should if you expect me to pony up $2300MSRP, which is going to be closer to $3000 or so after the start of the year and the new administration takes office.

It looks'/sounds interesting, but not at that price. I can build two that will shoot just as well for the amount they want for their one 16" chrome lined unit...

bkt 11-10-2008 10:15 AM

Pretty neat! I don't mind the "twang" myself, but it would be nice to have a folding stock. But like JD says, you're paying a premium for this. Yikes!

dicky0331 12-06-2008 06:58 AM

looks interesting... i wouldn't mind seeing an exploded diagram.... i wonder if the gas system dumps into the carrier like the standard ar platform.... althought with proper shooting form a snap shot hammered pair within a half inch of one another is very easy to do...

Recon 173 01-03-2009 03:06 PM

For about the same amount of money you can go with a Robinson XCR which allows you to change barrels and caliber sizes. Both rifles also look a lot alike.

Doc Neeley 01-08-2009 06:26 PM

I have the feeling that this is for the USPSA 3 gunners. Para's realy popular with those guys and I bet the factory guys will be using these shortly.