PA regulations for AK-47?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > PA regulations for AK-47?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default PA regulations for AK-47?

ok when i move back to PA(which is taking too damn long -_-)...an get the $ up, id like to purchase a AK-47(semi auto,but would love F/A) ive loved them since being a kid and having shot my unlcles ak-74... so lets just say i want one.
So now that i can and will live in a state that doesnt have Nazi regime-like gun laws(like ny does)...id like to know the process that id have to go thru to purchase one.Is it similar to the pistol purchase process?(paperwork then quick call to check for warrents,etc,pay em n walk out with ur gun)..or is is differant? id appreciate any help on this thank you all,btw ADMINS-you run a great site.

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

There should be no problem. There's no registration or licensing requirements for any firearms in PA (Class III excepted, of course).

Old 09-04-2011, 11:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
There should be no problem. There's no registration or licensing requirements for any firearms in PA (Class III excepted, of course).
awsome,now to just start saving my $ ...though question,when i had a constable come to my apt(PA dont f*ck round with traffic fines),he saw my pistol n i had to show him the paperwork from my purchase to prove it was legally mine?..if there is no " registration or licensing requirements for any firearms in PA" what was he checking for?

S&W sigma 9mm
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 09-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #4

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89 View Post
awsome,now to just start saving my $ ...though question,when i had a constable come to my apt(PA dont f*ck round with traffic fines),he saw my pistol n i had to show him the paperwork from my purchase to prove it was legally mine?..if there is no " registration or licensing requirements for any firearms in PA" what was he checking for?
First off, when you buy/sell any handgun in PA - it has to be done with a dealer's involvement. They do the insta-check and fill out the de-facto handgun registration papers with the PA State Police.

The exceptions are between immediate family, inheritances. That's no one's business.

Our PA Constables are freakin cop-wannabees and are outta control, like most LEO these days. Unless you looked 14years old, your handgun was none of his business.

But next time - be more discrete leaving your guns readily visible.

As for long-guns; you can buy and sell long-guns face/face as long as you are being reasonably certain that the transaction complies with state and federal regs - over 18, not an obvious criminal.

Only the BATF is allowed to sell to obvious criminals vis-vis GunWalker... but I digress.

Last edited by nfafan; 09-07-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
First off, when you buy/sell any handgun in PA - it has to be done with a dealer's involvement. They do the insta-check and fill out the de-facto handgun registration papers with the PA State Police.

The exceptions are between immediate family, inheritances. That's no one's business.

Our PA Constables are freakin cop-wannabees and are outta control, like most LEO these days. Unless you looked 14years old, your handgun was none of his business.

But next time - be more discrete leaving your guns readily visible.

As for long-guns; you can buy and sell long-guns face/face as long as you are being reasonably certain that the transaction complies with state and federal regs - over 18, not an obvious criminal.

Only the BATF is allowed to sell to obvious criminals vis-vis GunWalker... but I digress.
i prolly dont look 14 lol...but he saw the shell casings sitting on my coffee table and insisted on seeing the gun,at the time i thought i had to show him..i did get a compliment on my gun from him haha.And and ill most likely be going to a gunshop/range ik of in glenrock,PA to do the purchase so it will be a shop purchase

S&W sigma 9mm