Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   PA regulations for AK-47? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/pa-regulations-ak-47-a-47786/)

REDMIST89 09-04-2011 11:18 PM

PA regulations for AK-47?

ok when i move back to PA(which is taking too damn long -_-)...an get the $ up, id like to purchase a AK-47(semi auto,but would love F/A) ive loved them since being a kid and having shot my unlcles ak-74... so lets just say i want one.
So now that i can and will live in a state that doesnt have Nazi regime-like gun laws(like ny does)...id like to know the process that id have to go thru to purchase one.Is it similar to the pistol purchase process?(paperwork then quick call to check for warrents,etc,pay em n walk out with ur gun)..or is is differant? id appreciate any help on this :) thank you all,btw ADMINS-you run a great site.

bkt 09-04-2011 11:33 PM

There should be no problem. There's no registration or licensing requirements for any firearms in PA (Class III excepted, of course).

REDMIST89 09-04-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 574771)
There should be no problem. There's no registration or licensing requirements for any firearms in PA (Class III excepted, of course).

awsome,now to just start saving my $ :D...though question,when i had a constable come to my apt(PA dont f*ck round with traffic fines),he saw my pistol n i had to show him the paperwork from my purchase to prove it was legally mine?..if there is no " registration or licensing requirements for any firearms in PA" what was he checking for?

nfafan 09-07-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDMIST89 (Post 574777)
awsome,now to just start saving my $ :D...though question,when i had a constable come to my apt(PA dont f*ck round with traffic fines),he saw my pistol n i had to show him the paperwork from my purchase to prove it was legally mine?..if there is no " registration or licensing requirements for any firearms in PA" what was he checking for?

First off, when you buy/sell any handgun in PA - it has to be done with a dealer's involvement. They do the insta-check and fill out the de-facto handgun registration papers with the PA State Police.

The exceptions are between immediate family, inheritances. That's no one's business.

Our PA Constables are freakin cop-wannabees and are outta control, like most LEO these days. Unless you looked 14years old, your handgun was none of his business.

But next time - be more discrete leaving your guns readily visible.

As for long-guns; you can buy and sell long-guns face/face as long as you are being reasonably certain that the transaction complies with state and federal regs - over 18, not an obvious criminal.

Only the BATF is allowed to sell to obvious criminals vis-vis GunWalker... but I digress.

REDMIST89 09-08-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfafan (Post 576356)
First off, when you buy/sell any handgun in PA - it has to be done with a dealer's involvement. They do the insta-check and fill out the de-facto handgun registration papers with the PA State Police.

The exceptions are between immediate family, inheritances. That's no one's business.

Our PA Constables are freakin cop-wannabees and are outta control, like most LEO these days. Unless you looked 14years old, your handgun was none of his business.

But next time - be more discrete leaving your guns readily visible.

As for long-guns; you can buy and sell long-guns face/face as long as you are being reasonably certain that the transaction complies with state and federal regs - over 18, not an obvious criminal.

Only the BATF is allowed to sell to obvious criminals vis-vis GunWalker... but I digress.

i prolly dont look 14 lol...but he saw the shell casings sitting on my coffee table and insisted on seeing the gun,at the time i thought i had to show him..i did get a compliment on my gun from him haha.And and ill most likely be going to a gunshop/range ik of in glenrock,PA to do the purchase so it will be a shop purchase