optics and iron sights at same time - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion >

optics and iron sights at same time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman55 View Post
As long as you have a picitinny rail, they make the small adapter that goes out to the side at a 45 degree angle that you can mount a sight such as the burris red dot, compact and easy to use. The mount is even scalloped so it can fit under the scope, I think it's made by weaver, about $27.00. I have one and find that it's very well made and works fantastic.
I put a light on mine so I can just hit the switch on the back for monentary on-off use. I don't like the cords and pad that always seems in the way.
It positions the light so I can just use one finger and easily turn on the light when I want and still have a grip for fast fire if needed.
If your scope goes south, just turn on the red dot, cant your semi auto rifle to a 45 degree angle and fire away, nice and compact and you can keep the scope down low to the rail.

John K
So you'd have to turn the gun half sideways for it to work?

Old 02-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #22

M4 (flat top receiver) with an Aimpoint. all you have to do is get the right height mount ( I used the shortest mount for the comp m4, and it will allow "co-witness" or use of both iron sights and optics at the same time.

also an m14 (clone) can do it. all you need is the right rings for the scope. and a mount that has a channel to allow you to use the irons.

I think of these 2 off hand, as i have them set up this way.

Last edited by triggernick; 02-14-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7319 Times on 3898 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggernick View Post
M4 (flat top receiver) with an Aimpoint. all you have to do is get the right height mount ( I used the shortest mount for the comp m4, and it will allow "co-witness" or use of both iron sights and optics at the same time.

also an m14 (clone) can do it. all you need is the right rings for the scope. and a mount that has a channel to allow you to use the irons.

I think of these 2 off hand, as i have them set up this way.
ive seen your M14 thats slickest most solid scope mount on one ive ever seen. you need to take a close up pic of that mount.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 02-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #24

It's built into the receiver, http://www.lrbarms.com/m14receivers.html for more info (pics about halfway down the page).

Last edited by triggernick; 02-14-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4664 Times on 2230 Posts
Likes Given: 2315

Pete,

The term assault rifle is also used by the liberals like Hillary Clinton the UN and the like to make people think that every Black Gun is the same as its counterpart the full auto. We have been through this before re the Brady Bill crap from 1994 to 2004. The same type of BS they are spreading today about most of the guns used in Mexico's crimes and drug wars quote "CAME FROM THE US" That is BS also. In a statistical report it was found that less than 12% could be found or even closely related as coming from the US. But the same idiots want us to believe they are supplied form the USA. So they can impose more unconstitutional restrictions on you, I and all on this forum. And their quote " The Assault Rifles and other weapons "are mostly" coming from the US. This to form a foundation for an attack our second amendment rights. As they like the word Assault Rifle. That is why I will never use any term that they use to deceivingly attack our freedoms. Besides who assaults anyone with a standard AR-15 or semi auto rifle. Only a dirt bag now and then. Not the citizen who loves the sport.
Sorry but back to your question about Optics and Co-Witnessing. The best thing I can advise is get an AR-15 with a Flat Top. Buy a Rock River Dominator Rail and look at mounting an EOTech on it. This is one of the slickest ways to have a rear sight and optic at the same time. With the Dominator Rail you do not even have to flip up a rear sight if the optic fails. Therefore eliminating a fine motor skill function and doing away with the time it takes to perform the function of flipping up the rear sight under stress.
Sorry to get off on a tangent about the Liberals but here on the forum as well as I am sure in your case we take protecting our second amendment rights very seriously.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:10 AM   #26
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4664 Times on 2230 Posts
Likes Given: 2315

Mr. P

Once again I am envious of the fine rifles in the pictures. If I ever get up your way I am going to take you up on the Range Time Offer!!!!!!
Love that Mauser!