Obsolete or Underestimated? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion >

Obsolete or Underestimated?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 02:14 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I wouldn't hesitate to use my No.1 MkIII SMLE to shoot someone at long range. With the fixed 4x scope it's almost as accurate and almost the same weight as my bull barreled AR-15. And I know that anyone I hit with that 180 gr. Sierra SPT is staying down for good! And when the SHTF in the distant future, it may come in handy to know how to make black powder. I hunted for years in a shotgun-only county where muzzleloaders were legal during the shotgun season. Given the choice I always used the .50 cal. muzzleloader because I could hit a beer can at 75 yds every shot. Many hunters I knew viewed that as a handicap, but my opinion is that if you can't hit what your aiming at with one shot, you probably won't hit it the second time. And if you hit it once with a 325 gr. conical bullet, you won't need to hit it again!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"