norinco ak47
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > norinco ak47

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 06:07 AM   #1

Default norinco ak47

Does anyone know where I could buy a norinco ak47. Even a yugo zastava ak47 will do.

Would I be better off if I bought parts and put it together or just an assembled one? Advice is welcome.

Also if anyone knows a website that specializes in AKs, please let me know.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-06-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stija View Post
Does anyone know where I could buy a norinco ak47. Even a yugo zastava ak47 will do.

Would I be better off if I bought parts and put it together or just an assembled one? Advice is welcome.

Also if anyone knows a website that specializes in AKs, please let me know.
are are a could websites devoted STRICTLY to the AK, just google it. Also, the norinco AK's are EXPENSIVE compared to other variants. Are you sure you want to spend over $1,000 for an AK?!?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
There are a lot of websites devoted STRICTLY to the AK, just google it. Also, the norinco AK's are EXPENSIVE compared to other variants. Are you sure you want to spend over $1,000 for an AK?!?
I was looking on the auction websites a couple of days ago for a Polytech type 56. I only found one that was at $1,054 and the bidding was still going on for a couple of more days. I believe it had about 15 to 17 bids on it when I saw it.

Type 56's are getting expensive..............

Old 11-07-2008, 04:29 AM   #4

I don't mind the price. I can't find any. Did you find that one on gunbroker or gunsamerica? Or a third website?

Do all chinese rifles, pre ban and post ban have milled recivers or not? Anyone who's an expert on aks please chime in and tell me what the difference is between pre ban and post ban chinese ak.

Does anyone also know where you can get an ak receiver, milled preferably.

Thanks.

Last edited by stija; 11-07-2008 at 04:46 AM.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stija View Post
I don't mind the price. I can't find any. Did you find that one on gunbroker or gunsamerica? Or a third website?

Do all chinese rifles, pre ban and post ban have milled recivers or not? Anyone who's an expert on aks please chime in and tell me what the difference is between pre ban and post ban chinese ak.

Does anyone also know where you can get an ak receiver, milled preferably.

Thanks.
I'm no expert, BUT:

I'll go look again. I can't remember where I saw it. I think it might have been Guns America, but I'm not sure, but I'll check.

By the way, you probably don't want a milled receiver. The sheet metal receivers are far more functionally dependable than the milled ones. It might look prettier and feel "heftier" but the OEM quit making them very early on for a reason: and it wasn't cost or labor; both were free (to the State) in the old USSR. The Russian military got whatever it wanted regardless of cost. The military decided that the sheet metal receiver was better.

Pre and post ban has to do with number of American made parts. Pre ban can be completely foreign made guns. Post ban must have X number of American made parts and maybe an American made receiver.

Every country that got the AK had their own little quirks and modifications to the gun, so its kind of like picking cars. They are all "cars" but some people like BMW and Mercedes. Some people like Jaguars and MGs. Some people like Fiats and Alpha Romemos. That how it is with AKs. I like Polytech Type 56's.

So, take a look at the model differences (it's easiest to go to the public library and request a copy of some of the better AK histories - if your local library doesn't have it they can interlibrary loan request it for you). This will help you select a model you like. Then go see if it is available in the market place.

The Norinco Legend series was aimed at collectors not shooters (imo) when they were first introduced. They were an attempt to go "upscale" (but not too much) while justifying a premium price (milled receiver, better polishing, nicer blue job, etc) from the American buyer. They were never intended to be a "battlefield" weapon.

The Polytech, on the other hand, was simply a semi-auto version of a S.E Asia military issue weapon. Probably better quality than what the average recruit got, but a stock military weapon nonetheless.

That was what I wanted, so I got Polytechs. Others will disagree with my choice; but I'll probably disagree with theirs (shoulder shrug). To each their own. Matters of taste.

Sorry to be so long winded, stija, but you asked, so you get to suffer the consequences.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #6

Default Norinco / Poly Tech Ak's

stija,

Here are a few links to Chinese AK's I found by searching online auctions. The one on Auction Arms would be my choice (the last one on the list).

There are a lot more auction sites out there but this is what I found just looking at a couple of them.

Good Luck!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=115455613
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=115350327
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=114969757
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=114997648

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=8869593

Old 11-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

get a milled AK from atlantic firearms. If all you want is the durability of a milled AK, it doesn't HAVE to be chinese. Or, buy a yugo rpk and change out the barrel for a shorter one. It has a thicker receiver, though not milled, it's very durable.

Also, I think JG Sales has ONE chinese ak for sale. They have a few used items, so look around their website. Come to think of it, I believe jackson Armory had a chinese AK, too?!? I didn't look closely at it, so I may be mistaken. You can call them to verify...

Old 12-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #8

In VIETNAM WAR is the norinco ak47 have selecte fire : Safe-Semi-Full Auto differs from the original :safe-Full auto - semi?

I have a Type -56 in vietnam war and it have a different selecte fire

Old 12-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #9

How bout a norinico mak-90 sporter. Ive got one and swear by it the goofy big thumbhole stock is actualy good makes me shoot better and functions just fine