Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   No bullpup love :( (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/no-bullpup-love-83933/)

dermamorphic 02-11-2013 03:21 AM

No bullpup love :(
 
I only own one rifle atm and its the MSAR STG-556. I'm a fan of the Bullpup setup, and while I visit a few other forums just for that, I would love to know if anyone else has an interest in expanding the list of sub forums for Bullpup owners.

dragunovsks 02-11-2013 12:10 PM

Im also a fan of the bullpup config. although I dont currently own one. I think its a revolutionary idea to keep a weapon short and manable without sacrificing barrel length and accuracy. I think it would be an interesting sub forum to read. Ive often thought of buying a kit to convert my sks to bullpup or buying a bullpup but the greenbacks just arent right now.

lbwar15 02-11-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks
Im also a fan of the bullpup config. although I dont currently own one. I think its a revolutionary idea to keep a weapon short and manable without sacrificing barrel length and accuracy. I think it would be an interesting sub forum to read. Ive often thought of buying a kit to convert my sks to bullpup or buying a bullpup but the greenbacks just arent right now.

I agree. I love the idea of a bullpup. A short gun with grate accuracy. What's not to like. I plan to pick one up. But all of them I have seen are crazy expensive. I'm going to make some changes to my AR before I spend $2000 on another gun.

Yelsew 02-11-2013 01:05 PM

I love the concept myself. I have shot that msar aug clone and i loved it. Yeah too bad most are quite expensive or id have one already... And i cant wait to try those new American made tavor rifles!!

lbwar15 02-11-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yelsew
I love the concept myself. I have shot that msar aug clone and i loved it. Yeah too bad most are quite expensive or id have one already... And i cant wait to try those new American made tavor rifles!!

I thought those were made in Israel?

locutus 02-11-2013 02:00 PM

I love the concept, but the devil is often in the execution.

I own a PS 90 and love it.

Yelsew 02-11-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbwar15

I thought those were made in Israel?

At Shot Show they unveiled a new line of production here in america! :) but msrp is $2000 :(

Jstrong 02-11-2013 04:56 PM

Question.


Why do the p90 clones sold to civilians have that big long barrel sticking out the front? Wouldn't it only have to be 16" to the breach as long as it was not shorter than 26" overall?

CrazedJava 02-12-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jstrong (Post 1133470)
Question.


Why do the p90 clones sold to civilians have that big long barrel sticking out the front? Wouldn't it only have to be 16" to the breach as long as it was not shorter than 26" overall?

I thought that had something to do with the initial design having been released while the old Clinton AWB was still in effect.

Jstrong 02-12-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazedJava

I thought that had something to do with the initial design having been released while the old Clinton AWB was still in effect.

It seems that the real p90 only has a barrel length of 10",I imagined it would have been longer. But the ps90 (civilian version) has the 16" barrel,I guess it just look like its more than 6" sticking out due to size and shape of the gun.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:24 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.