Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Nice weekend with the M1A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 73 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Nice weekend with the M1A

Well, I was out shooting with my buddy who has a Remington 700SPS in .308, so needless to say we generally have a bit of distance between us and the target.

I'd never shot more than 200 yards with my M1A before, so, I figured what the heck, he's got his precision rifle, I've got my sloppy semi-auto, lets see whats up.

After he was done shooting at his 10x17 steel target at 600 yards, I laid down with the M1A on a rock and started shooting.

Man it was fun hitting that steel, and then hearing it ring about a second later haha.

Anyway, it was a nice afternoon, made me realize what both myself and my rifle are capable of. I totally LOVE the .308 drop reticle in the old springfield scope I have, it was spot on. Just lined it up with the "6" on the reticle and was pounding steel!

i know I know, 600 yards isnt anything amazing, but still, it was fun and I was pleased with the results.

Theres a tiny white hair under the arrow, thats the target.

the jeeps were at 400 yards, target was about 200 past them.

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here