Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > New semi auto?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default New semi auto?

My friend wants to buy an assault rifle for the heck of it he said he wants something a bit different not your standard ar-15, m4 style told him I'd ask you guys he's got a budget of about $2000 what do you guys suggest I told him I wasn't sure

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Semi-auto by the way!

Old 07-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #3

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I'd say for a true assault rifle he's going to need more money. If he just wants an AR-15 then he is wide open with that budget. Noveske comes to my mind.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Says caliber isn't important just wanting a new something to mess around with

Old 07-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
I'd say for a true assault rifle he's going to need more money. If he just wants an AR-15 then he is wide open with that budget. Noveske comes to my mind.
He said he can't go higher than $3000

Old 07-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #6

This is why I said he needs more money: "An assault rifle is an automatic rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine." I was pulling your chain because of the terminology used. At 2k his options are pretty open, I'm not sure what you mean by a standard AR.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Old 07-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #7

Liked 55 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Does he plan to hunt with it? Distance shoot? Target shoot? Range toy? Just own it so he looks "Cool" at the gun club? There are as many different purposes to owning an assault rifle as there are assault rifles. Can you ask him what the primary function of this gun will be? Then he might get some better ideas that will fit his needs.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
This is why I said he needs more money: "An assault rifle is an automatic rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine." I was pulling your chain because of the terminology used. At 2k his options are pretty open, I'm not sure what you mean by a standard AR.
Ya I figured haha I could have worded that better and he said he really likes FNH and was leaning towards a Scar-H I've looked at them they seem nice do you know anything about them?

Old 07-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysKelly
Does he plan to hunt with it? Distance shoot? Target shoot? Range toy? Just own it so he looks "Cool" at the gun club? There are as many different purposes to owning an assault rifle as there are assault rifles. Can you ask him what the primary function of this gun will be? Then he might get some better ideas that will fit his needs.
Range toy haha

Old 07-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Ya I figured haha I could have worded that better and he said he really likes FNH and was leaning towards a Scar-H I've looked at them they seem nice do you know anything about them?
I actually have one in my shop now. Seems real nice, the action is smooth, trigger is crisp, the fold over stock is a joke IMO, don't think it would be much fun shooting .308 from the hip more than a couple of times. The adjustable cheek rest is nice too. All in all it's a real nice rifle. I would probably get a SCAR-L due to the cost of ammo if you aren't reloading but if he isn't worried about that, it's a nice range "toy"

Member:

Last edited by silverado113; 07-26-2012 at 12:50 PM.