New rifle purchase - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion >

New rifle purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 04:21 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Your gonna love your new purchase....my two M1As are my favorites amongst my rifle collection.

Suggestion...get yourself a few 20 round mags and anytime you see a deal on .308 or 7.62x51 ammo, jump on it. Don't be afraid to shoot Wolf or Brown Bear (Russian ammo). You can't reload it as its steel cased, but its a much cheaper way to put holes in paper than American Brass cased stuff... get some of that to if you can, but be prepared to spend more. And don't let people tell you not to put commie ammo through it...I do all the time. It is slightly dirtier but the extra cleaning time is worth the money saved. Enjoy it and give us an update when you hit the range!

Old 10-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #22

Liked 58 Times on 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by howellgunworks
Your gonna love your new purchase....my two M1As are my favorites amongst my rifle collection.

Suggestion...get yourself a few 20 round mags and anytime you see a deal on .308 or 7.62x51 ammo, jump on it. Don't be afraid to shoot Wolf or Brown Bear (Russian ammo). You can't reload it as its steel cased, but its a much cheaper way to put holes in paper than American Brass cased stuff... get some of that to if you can, but be prepared to spend more. And don't let people tell you not to put commie ammo through it...I do all the time. It is slightly dirtier but the extra cleaning time is worth the money saved. Enjoy it and give us an update when you hit the range!
Will do on all bases and do you just use a M1 Garand cleaning kit on yours? And how often do you disassemble it, I heard that was something you should do as little as possible

Old 10-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #23

Liked 217 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
wow! can i shoot it?

very nice rifle, and congrats on getting it!
Shoot it? Can I have it?

Old 10-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Springfield Armory sells a nice little cleaning kit that is useful. If not you can put together your own kit and id guess that an M1 Garand kit would work since they are both .30 cal rifles.

As far as taking it apart, you don't have to do it often, but it does help when you clean the piston.... biggest pain for me is the bolt for some reason.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #25

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedUSMC
Just picked it up today and wanted to share with y'all.
Did you pick that up at Evans in Enid OK? We just sold one yesterday!

Old 10-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Springfield Armory sells a nice little cleaning kit that is useful. If not you can put together your own kit and id guess that an M1 Garand kit would work since they are both .30 cal rifles.

As far as taking it apart, you don't have to do it often, but it does help when you clean the piston.... biggest pain for me is the bolt for some reason.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by okieboy
Did you pick that up at Evans in Enid OK? We just sold one yesterday!
No lol would be a good story if so but unfortunately I'm in VA

Old 10-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #28

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Looks like a sweet rifle ,Congrats!

Old 10-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #29

Liked 211 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 322

BigRed I visited the local sports shop, Finn and Feather, in Iowa City and they have one hanging on the wall. This is causing me a great deal of problems, and I needed yet another time out. I hope that your lady will become or has become OK with your new rifle. The price tag on this one is $1600. Sadly, in my case, the divorce that would ensue would cost me more than that. I like these rifles. The Marines let me carry one around in school at Pendleton. When we finished the class, we cleaned them up, and they were crated up to be sold. I often wondered what third world sh** hole they went to. I would have bought the one I had and put it into proper retirement, if they would have let me. They had me for four years, and could have taken it out of my pay! Hardly a chance of them coming back to the US with Obama in charge

Old 10-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2Grunt
BigRed I visited the local sports shop, Finn and Feather, in Iowa City and they have one hanging on the wall. This is causing me a great deal of problems, and I needed yet another time out. I hope that your lady will become or has become OK with your new rifle. The price tag on this one is $1600. Sadly, in my case, the divorce that would ensue would cost me more than that. I like these rifles. The Marines let me carry one around in school at Pendleton. When we finished the class, we cleaned them up, and they were crated up to be sold. I often wondered what third world sh** hole they went to. I would have bought the one I had and put it into proper retirement, if they would have let me. They had me for four years, and could have taken it out of my pay! Hardly a chance of them coming back to the US with Obama in charge
Thanks for posting this. My Lady is slowly coming around and starting to realize my firearms collection is something I really take pride in and as long as the bills are paid and food is on the table she has nothing to bitch about. As far as those rifles coming back I recently read Obama wouldn't allow a shipment of 100,00 M1 Garands enter the US from South Korea and Obama had them all dumped into the pacific! I literally screamed out loud when I read that. It's a travesty and a damn shame he allowed that to happen
HM2Grunt Likes This